Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oshawa Ontario
    Posts
    8

    Monster slash tire options

    I am currently running 2.8 Badlands and Badlands MX28 with 17mm hex wheels on my 1/8 scale powered Slash. I have been thinking about upping the wheel and tire size. Has anyone tried 3.8 Badlands or 1/8 truggy tires? How did they perform? Did they look too big and goofy? Any feedback is appreciated.

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    607
    I did 2.8 trenchers stretched over 3.8 ofna mt3 wheels. I love the low profile wide look

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    607



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Squeegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    San Gabriel, California
    Posts
    8,566
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

  5. #5
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oshawa Ontario
    Posts
    8
    Wow, they look huge, borderline on being too big. Thanks for the pics.

  6. #6
    RC Racer mikeymikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How did u lift it so hi

    Sent from my N9519 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    607


    Rally body posts. Or telluride body posts. I donít like the proline extended ones


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    607


    Put a new body on her too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,135
    Truggy wheels! Out of the eight different trucks that I have both 2wd and 4 x 4, I drive this truck the most. It's the funnest truck that I have. What 1/8 motor/esc are you running in your slash?

    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,135
    I got the idea for my truck from Dr. Isotope on a different forum. Here is his truck with Duratrax X-Cons. He's got videos on YouTube of this truck running. Look up Dr Isotope X Project

    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Squeegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    San Gabriel, California
    Posts
    8,566
    Project X was awesome! I posted both of his vids on my thread as well:

    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post5911234

    That was his vids 1 & 3.

    Here's 2:

    Last edited by Squeegie; 10-16-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

  12. #12
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oshawa Ontario
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    Truggy wheels! Out of the eight different trucks that I have both 2wd and 4 x 4, I drive this truck the most. It's the funnest truck that I have. What 1/8 motor/esc are you running in your slash?

    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    I'm running a Castle 2650kv motor with a Hobbywing WP-SC8 esc on 3s.

  13. #13
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by rex6638 View Post
    I'm running a Castle 2650kv motor with a Hobbywing WP-SC8 esc on 3s.
    Cool. What gearing?

    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oshawa Ontario
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    Cool. What gearing?

    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    16/54 gearing, in the heat of the summer I only managed to get the motor to 130 degrees and the esc to about 115

  15. #15
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by rex6638 View Post
    16/54 gearing, in the heat of the summer I only managed to get the motor to 130 degrees and the esc to about 115
    Nice! I need a lower kv motor for these big ole tires. Running a 3300kv on 2s 86/19 and the motor is at 160. It's a nice balance of speed and torque. Wheelies easily. I might try a 18 and 17 tooth pinion to get the temps down a bit.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    RC Champion zedorda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    S.E. Michigan
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    I did 2.8 trenchers stretched over 3.8 ofna mt3 wheels. I love the low profile wide look
    You sure you got 2.8 tires on 3.8 rims? I have seen 2.8 stretched to get on 3.2 rims but never all the way up to 3.8 rims. That is a rim bigger than the entire 2.8 tire.

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    607
    Yeah sorry... 3.2 is what I meant... those are ofna mt3 rims. I love how the offset is almost flush with the inside part of the rim

  18. #18
    RC Champion zedorda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    S.E. Michigan
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4SHGT8BASHER View Post
    Yeah sorry... 3.2 is what I meant... those are ofna mt3 rims. I love how the offset is almost flush with the inside part of the rim
    I wish I could find more rims with that type of offset.

  19. #19
    RC Champion zedorda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    S.E. Michigan
    Posts
    1,482

    Here is my Slash MT when it was on 3.8 badlands for snow.





    With that big old Summit body on it they look like they almost fit. But honestly 3.8 wheels are too much weight for the avg Slash 4x4 so I don't run it hard like this.

  20. #20
    RC Racer mikeymikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    123
    My monster slash on eBay wheels

    Sent from my N9519 using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,135
    My truggy wheels in the pictures above (#12 above) are only a hair more than 5" in diameter. They're a little bigger and a little wider than your average 2.8 Tire

    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    9,417
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    My truggy wheels in the pictures above (#12 above) are only a hair more than 5" in diameter. They're a little bigger and a little wider than your average 2.8 Tire

    Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

    what truggy wheels are they? do they balloon under high power?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •