Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California

Fourdub's Prerunner & Snap-On SST.

Hey guys.

Just picked up a brust prerunner the other day from hobbytown Temecula, CA.

Got a traxxas 2s lipo with it. Drove it once in a parking lot and started ordering parts for her.

I will admit I might of went a little overboard haha.

So I ordered:

Hot Racing Threaded Shocks x4
    Hot Racing Wheel Nut Covers x4
    Hot Racing A-Arms F & R
    Hot Racing Rear Carrier
    Hot Racing Front Caster
    Hot Racing Steering Block
    Hot Racing Steering Assembly
    T-Bone Racing Front and Rear Bumpers/skid

I dont really like the captured ball setup all over the truck. I am going to replace all the capture balls with hardware. The Shocks where they mount to the shock tower and the a-arms is the first thing that got replaced, thanks to hot racing for that.

Seen some stuff on ebay/amazon for a majority of the other links/rods to convert the rest to hardware instead of the ball system.

After my 2nd pack thru the prerunner, I noticed scuffing and scratches on the bottom of the shocks, "ball cup", so I can totally see a big rock or something catching the shock, unclipping the shock, letting the a-arm dangle, to get broken off in the tumble that ensues.

atm I am running slash 1/16th wheels painted black. I have not tried them yet, I heard good things. only diffrence is the slash ones, have foam inside.

I think I bent one of the front shock shafts already, it very slowly unloads.

Finally.... I seen a snap-on SST on ebay, and picked it up. Not sure if I am going to run it or shelf it. This truck looks to have GTR's already installed, so pretty happy about that. Just hope the diffs and everything else is good. Looks cool. has Tamiya plugs..... not thrilled bout that, but I know its a older (rarer) truck because of that.

so above there, I posted a pic with some tires. I have some losi mini-t tires, I might try modifiying to work with the prerunner/sst. I'll try and post some more when I can. I really want these mini paddles, they would tuck on the stock body.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

bored, and made a body for the prerunner. buggy/corvette/dirt oval/pikes peak car? I dunno

I shouldn't be left alone with rc cars. this body has heat damage, so I didnt mind chopping it up, its for a 10/12th scale buggy.

just bored.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

short video of some slow mo prerunner shots.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Upgrades starting come in.

Shocks came in, and wheel nut washers.

For fun I installed my lightning McQueen drift covers over the mini slash tires, and went out drifting. she drifts good.

needs more powah!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonna wait on installing the shocks, till I get all the other parts.

Last edited by fourdub; 10-11-2018 at 10:27 PM.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

So my SST was delivered, I checked it out, and its deff got the GTR's installed.

decided to install the GTR's on my Prerunner. While I had them off, I did some comparison shots of the shocks for you guys.

this universal joint tool for taking the 4 point stars out of driveshafts works perfect for taking the ball capture items apart.

The stock shocks use a ball capture system

the GTR's use hollowballs in the shock ends, and a hex bolt.

The hot racing shocks, use a silver metal standoff, and a hex bolt.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

got the GTR's on my prerunner, and installed tbone racing bumpers/skids.

I love these bumpers already. I hit several walls, bricks, flower pots, and other things, and only hit the bumper.

the gtrs show a noticeable diffrence.

I broke the 3d printed wing off in a crash, so swapped back to the burst body.

will get some pictures of it today at the track. tbone bumper sticks up like a slash one kinda.

I superglued my spare hex's to some mini-t paddle tires.... gonna test that today too haha.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

fun day at the track with the prerunner today.

brought the prerunner to the track we bash x-maxxes and udr at. We had a decent time with them.

yea the roof of the body is caved in. lol

My prerunner thought the x-maxxes wanted to play, and suffered a little body damage when getting squished between a rock a x-maxx haha.

so I rigged up a set of paddle tires for a losi min-t, to my amazement, the setup held all day!

I super glued a spare set of prerunner hexes to my losi mini-t paddles. I put a bolt thru, lined it, roughed with sandpaper, bonded them, than removed the bolt, let sit for 2 hours, and was solid. They do stick out quite a bit on the body, so I added some preload with the GTR's.

Fun little truck! My buddy was with me, rocking a associated 18mt (rally) and a associated 18e buggy. We had a good time.

I noticed 3 out of 4 of my dogbones failed. the pin's slid out of the dogbone where it interfaces with the diff output cup. one side was almost receced like it was in danger of falling out. I took a few pics and tapped them back in place, but the pins came lose and went to one side again.
    Last edited by fourdub; 10-14-2018 at 09:25 PM.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

my hot racing parts came in.

I installed the carriers and caster, I am going to wait to install the arms and steering bellcrank when I do a teardown clean out of the truck.

the stock body clip works amazing at starting the carrier pins on the a-arms. man that pin is dinky lol.

so far out of over 2 hours of running I only had 1 rock/pebble get inside the spur/pinion area.

so....almost every vehicle I own has a spoiler wither it needs it or not.... haha.... prerunner got one.

only color spray paint I have is pink blaze plasti-dip??

thats what I used, went well with the burst painted body.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

added a small visor to the prerunner, in same color as the spoiler, or near as possible.

Will be adding a small light bar under the visor but hopefully above the window sticker.

Next upgrade is modifying a sc18 rear bumper and mud flaps.

got a Teton and a SST off ebay, in the mail to me. so looks like I am starting a small fleet of these.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

so a few more of my upgrades came in.

I started laughing so hard when I opened the package with the 18th scale mud flaps in it. so dinky. I might still use em, but man I think they need to be slightly bigger haha.

also my "mytrickrc" lightbar came in. gonna be messing with that tonight.

my other sst and teton came in. havent inspected them yet.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

light bar roughly installed. this light bar is too short and too thick.

it is super bright. it will prolly burn out soon. it is not ment for 6v, I cut off the little plug and spliced into a receiver style plug.

I also spliced in a off/on switch for the lightbar, so I can turn it off during the day. (also has a connector in the middle, that it can be disconnected at)

Last edited by fourdub; 10-19-2018 at 01:33 AM.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

installed the sc18 mudflaps on the front fenders, and cut some rubber out to make a rear mudflaps. used a traxxas plastic parts tree, as the bumper frame.

only have 1 upgrade left to do to the body, and that is to install a offroad flag or two. than she is done.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

so out running with crazyxmaxx again. I tossed on some teton tires on the burst prerunner and was having a good time. at somepoint two screws in my hot racing caster came out and it dropped the front carrier

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

hit both tracks this weekend, one mini clay / dirt track in the homies backyard, and the usuall track I goto every weekend in the fields behind my house.

Using traxxas UDR and Losi Super Baja King as transports haha

Latrax motor has a comparable replacement motor. sold be eflite.

latrax/traxxas vs eflite

also messed with the teton and sst snapon..

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

still rocking the prerunner every weekend at the x-maxx/UDR track. Taking me quite a bit of staging to make and land the Gaps. Out track really only has 1 jump, a funbox in the center of our oval track, that loops up the side of a mountain.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube