RC poster

Will older Traxxas high current connectors work on Xmaxx?

Hi guys Iím new too this forum.I finally got my new 8s Xmaxx, and got a set of HRB 6000Mah 4s LiPos to get started with it.My question is that the Traxxas connectors that the LiPos came with are the older style 3060 connectors,I believe ...they are Traxxas connectors but they seem to have a gold spring clip above each battery terminal when looking into the connector.I have another set of Traxxas connectors that came with my Venom Lipo batteries that have the quick change battery connector system,but the venom Traxxas connectors do t have the spring clips above each terminal.

Can I use these Traxxas connectors with the spring loaded clips In my new Xmaxx,are they made too fit each other,as being the new style connectors on my Xmaxx,and they old style connectors on my Lipo batteries ?

RC Qualifier
    yes all Traxxas connectors are interchangeable
    fabricator

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gino1982 View Post
    Hi guys Iím new too this forum.I finally got my new 8s Xmaxx, and got a set of HRB 6000Mah 4s LiPos to get started with it.My question is that the Traxxas connectors that the LiPos came with are the older style 3060 connectors,I believe ...they are Traxxas connectors but they seem to have a gold spring clip above each battery terminal when looking into the connector.I have another set of Traxxas connectors that came with my Venom Lipo batteries that have the quick change battery connector system,but the venom Traxxas connectors do t have the spring clips above each terminal.

Can I use these Traxxas connectors with the spring loaded clips In my new Xmaxx,are they made too fit each other,as being the new style connectors on my Xmaxx,and they old style connectors on my Lipo batteries ?

Have you used the hrb batteries? They're pretty cheap I was wondering how they are?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmcgil90 View Post
    Have you used the hrb batteries? They're pretty cheap I was wondering how they are?
    You know, they are made really well physically,and when I hooked them up to my balance charger, all 4 cells read the same on both packs,

Quote Originally Posted by Gino1982 View Post
    I have another set of Traxxas connectors that came with my Venom Lipo batteries that have the quick change battery connector system, but the venom Traxxas connectors do t have the spring clips above each terminal.
    They probably did at one time. The cheap Chinese knockoff's top pins will slide right out the first time you use it. When I first got back into RC with my Emaxx the (LHS) gave me venom batteries as part of the deal. The first thing I had to do was change out the knockoffs to a true Traxxas OEM connector.

The plug on the right is a Traxxas OEM connector.

The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.