RC Competitor

Aftermarket tires for the 2.0

What are people running for aftermarket tires? I had the bead rip on one of my stock tires today. I was either going to buy 2 new stock pre mounted tires or a full set of something else. I don't like how heavy the proline badlands are so I'm not going to get those.

Proline shockwaves. Light, good traction on all surfaces, very good wear. Best all around tire I've found. Size and weight are about as perfect as you can get for the erevo 2.0 in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 10-14-2018 at 08:12 PM.

RC Racer
    I have a set of SRC Terrain crushers for high speed runs. They are steel belted and won't balloon. They don't offer a lot of cushion for jumps or heavy off road. I also have a set of ProLine Big Joe II for super heavy off road and lower speed. Those balloon like crazy but are nice and soft for crawling over things and offer a lot of cushion for big jumps. Then I have a set of ProLine Trenchers for general all around driving. They do balloon under full speed, but not as bad as the Big Joe's, and offer some cushion for jumps unlike the SRCs.

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Proline shockwaves. Light, good traction on all surfaces, very good wear. Best all around tire I've found. Size and weight are about as perfect as you can get for the erevo 2.0 in my opinion.

I'll second the shockwaves! A great light weight tire. You could also look Into the original badlands, not the badlands mx38.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Competitor
    Awesome. Thanks guys.

RC Competitor
    Another vote for Shockwaves

RC Competitor
    I ordered a set of shock waves and a set of trenchers. Haha I like the tread on the trenchers but I like the size of the shockwaves.

Both good choices. Did you get the trencher x ( the big daddy's) or the regular trenchers on the tech 5 wheels?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultro84 View Post
    I ordered a set of shock waves and a set of trenchers. Haha I like the tread on the trenchers but I like the size of the shockwaves.

RC Enthusiast
    what is the weight compared to the badlands 3.8?

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I thought the Shockwaves were discontinued? Why?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Both good choices. Did you get the trencher x ( the big daddy's) or the regular trenchers on the tech 5 wheels?

I got the trenchers x on f11 wheels

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrar97 View Post
    I thought the Shockwaves were discontinued? Why?
    I got them on ebay

RC Competitor
    Just an update on the tires I bought. The Shockwaves are great because of their size. They don't get the best traction but still do pretty good. They're fun on wet grass cause you can really drift the thing. I really like the Trenchers. They get great traction. Even on wet grass it was hard to keep the front end down. They do balloon a lot but that doesn't really bother me. Not as much as my Big Joe 2's though. Those things have to be strapped. Haha I might strap the trenchers just to see how the perform. But all in all, I think they're great tires.