RC poster

Which tires for a little bit of drift???

Self admitted Noob to the world of RC. Bought my first truck this summer, a Slash VXL 4x4. Instantly fell in love. Bought a used EREVO about a month later, and then stepped up to the EREVO 2.0 shortly after. There arenít any dirt tracks where I live. So they pretty much live in the grass, or on pavement. Iíve got several sets of wheel/tire which are all great... but they grip sooo hard. Whether Iím running in the grass or on pavement (which Iím sure are the 2 most grippy surfaces) I am looking for something that will drift a bit. I donít like the fact that I have to slow down so much before turning, or it will just dig in and roll on me. Currently running the stock EREVO 2.0 tires, Proline Trenchers, and also have a set of road crushers. All GREAT sets, but Iím just looking for something that will slide when I want them too. Not looking for those actual ďdrift wheelsĒ made of hard plastic. Just something that has a bit less bite than my Trenchers, Road Crushers, it stocks tires.

Any advice helps. Thanks.

I like proline blockades 3.8s on grass. They have really good straight line traction but lots of drift in corners and at slow speeds. They are a little difficult to find.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I like proline blockades 3.8s on grass. They have really good straight line traction but lots of drift in corners and at slow speeds. They are a little difficult to find.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Thanks. That’s pretty much what I’m looking for. I just think it would be fun, to be able to get loose when cornering at higher speeds. I am assuming that the tire compound has a lot to do with it, but having trouble figuring out what is what, when I search online.

RC Enthusiast
    if you want to go banana with drifting, try the pvc tube trick https://youtu.be/VKZkz-1PtGQ

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manzamanna View Post
    if you want to go banana with drifting, try the pvc tube trick https://youtu.be/VKZkz-1PtGQ

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Not looking for anything that crazy. Just want to be able to slide and drift more when cornering. There’s gotta be some harder compound tires that will break loose when I want them too.
    Last edited by Life.on.2; 10-14-2018 at 11:34 PM.

RC Qualifier
    ^^ Best tires for that are the old school Proline 40 series or LPR size Crime Fighters and Bow Tie tires. I don't like any new tires on the market These will need 40 series or LPR wheels respectively. The still pop up on ebay.

Another thought, Ofna Hypter St truggy tires (Dog Bones) are another great option and will mount on Traxxas 3.8 rims. Ofna also makes rims for these tires that are the same size and bead style as Traxxas.
    Last edited by deanwrx; 10-28-2018 at 12:13 AM.