RC Competitor

Exclamation Latrax Teton being discontinued?

Hey everyone. New to the traxxas club, and wanted to see if you all have seen that the Teton is being listed as discontinued on a few websites, horizonhobby.com, amainhobbies.com etc. I'm looking at picking one up for my first mini scale rc, but now I'm not sure if I'll be able to get one if it indeed is being discontinued.

I also noticed that the 1/16 summit is being listed as discontinued as well. I know this is the Teton forums but seeing as how both models are being labeled as discontinued, I figured easier to just mention it in the same post. Any thoughts?

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    just got into these, maybe they phasing the teton out like they did with the sst, and renaming it something else.

on the summit 1/16th scale, they just just released a new "rock n roll" one. so I doubt they'd be killing the line.

https://traxxas.com/products/models/...ic/summit-1-16 265$(newest one)

vs

https://traxxas.com/products/models/...t-VXL-1-16-tsm 380$
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Competitor
    Well I certainly hope they aren’t discontinuing the Teton, from what I can tell it’s a pretty popular mini truck. I really want to get one and dive into mini rc fun. Wonder if anyone else has seen its being listed as discontinued

RC Enthusiast
    Well Horizon Hobby won't be carrying Traxxas products any longer, so that could be why you'll see it being discontinued there.

RC Competitor
    Is it because if the Arrma Nero lawsuit? That sucks cause I use Horizon hobby for a lot of my purchases. Thanks for the replies

Posted elsewhere also:
    RC models are frequently listed as discontinued for reasons other than being dropped from a manufacturer’s lineup. Revisions to ESC or radio have been reasons on the recent past. Then the updated model is introduced and there is a mass exhale. I would not read too much into vendors’ listing of any model as “discontinued.”
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °