RC poster

Exclamation Battery Soldering and Connectors Advice

So I just bought a kit which comes with a variety of connectors and heat shrinks, along with insulation. It comes with EC3, XT90, and Deans connectors. I was thinking of using the EC3, but I'm not sure if I can, as I use a 2s Lipo battery with my stampede. Can I use EC3 with a 2s lipo and a Sidewinder Brushless system? The reason I'm asking is that I hate the high current connectors and cant solder them correctly for the life of me, as the pins do not go in correctly. If I can't use EC3, can I use Deans or XT90? or XT60? Please help me.

RC poster
    Also a quick note, I use an Easy Peak Plus charger. Would I be able to just make an adapter for EC3? If so would the charger be able to charge the battery correctly?

You can make an adapter, you just need to get a balance board to plug into the balance port and you should be all set.

You should be able to use the EC3 plug with no problems, just make sure the polarity is right for everything you wire up. If the polarity is wrong you will fry the ESC. Also, only remove, strip and solder one lead on the battery at a time.

Soldering is like math, it is not learned but practiced. Use excess wire and a plug to practice making a good solder joint. When you feel confident, solder on your battery and ESC. Remember, heat is NOT your friend, you want to put as little heat into your solder joint as you can. This is why it is important to have an iron with enough power to get your solder to melt quickly.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Thank for the tips! As for the balance board and connector, is that a needed item? What is the balance wire for? And do I need it to successfully charge the battery with an adapter?

Yes you need the balance board to properly charge the lipo battery. If you don't use a balance board you risk the cells beinng unbalanced and could swell and catch fire if not caught in time. Best to get a good lipo charger with the balance feature built in
    Living life.

RC poster
    My charger has the port for a balance wire, but it is an Easy Peak Plus, so it has it only for Traxxas High Current Gen 2 connectors. I was wanting to use EC3. Also, for my Lipo battery, it is a Traxxas 2s and the balance wire was damaged. So how would I set up a new balance wire?

why did you leave the other thread. Was it to confusing for you.
    Choose Life !!!