RC poster

Exclamation Traxxas 2s Lipo and Gen 2 connectors help. Urgent

So I did something stupid with my 2s Traxxas Lipo Battery. I cut the black balance lead that connects to the gen 2 high current connector. Keep in mind there is only a black balance lead, no red one. Don't ask me why I did this, but now I have a problem. I need a new balance lead on my battery. I was thinking of using something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Apex-RC-Produ...nce+plug&psc=1 And soldering the red and black balance leads to the thick red and black wires on the battery. But I have one problem. There is an extra wire on the part I was going to order. Where would that wire be soldered to? I use an EZ Peak Plus charger, but I found out it supports legacy balance leads, that's why I was thinking of doing this. Thanks in advance

do you have enough room on the lead to strip 2 ends and use an electrical connector. the crimp type. I would think being the balance lead. An electrical connector would be ok.
    Choose Life !!!

RC poster
    What do you mean by electrical connector? Also, the balance wire is barely showing outside the battery. There is like a 1 cm clearance that I can see outside the battery. Is my battery a paperweight now?

So it was cut were it comes out of the battery. I believe your charger has balance ports. If that's the case. You can more than likely find an adapter and charge it like you would a non-traxxas battery.

https://www.progressiverc.com/traxxa...BoCUnUQAvD_BwE

Last edited by lektro; 10-17-2018 at 06:21 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC poster
    The problem with that adapter is that it is for charging Traxxas batteries with a Non-Traxxas charger. I need an adapter to charge non-Traxxas batteries with a Traxxas charger. Can you help me find one?
    Last edited by munecob12; 10-17-2018 at 07:44 AM.

You are certainly welcome sir. As you saw they make the adapters for 2,3,4 and 6 cell. It's gratifying when you know you have helped someone out....Thank you.
    Choose Life !!!

RC poster
    Did you read my edited post? I'm getting closer.

You kind of answered your own question. The EZ Peak has a separate balance plug for legacy Traxxas lipos and non-Traxxas batteries. You'll need to get a legacy High-Current plug to install onto your battery and wire in the balance leads.
    Last edited by Double G; 10-17-2018 at 07:59 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    It is a Traxxas connector, but the built-in balance lead does not work. I was thinking of migrating to XT60 in the future

RC poster
    There's the problem, A legacy balance lead has 3 wires, I know you solder the red and black to the red and black on the battery, but where do you solder the white/blue wire?

In your first post you said you had traxxas batteries and you cut the balance wire. If that's not the case then no it won't work. I am not sure were the white and blue wire would go. You can find almost any kind of adapter for almost any type battery. Need more explanation on what you are doing.
    Choose Life !!!

I just watched this video on connecting balance leads and it was kind of easy if you are good at soldering. It was a 6 cell battery, but same concept. Actually, a 2s will be very easy.

It's a fairly long video but lot's of good info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54YXq8zFz4k&t=101s

Once you get the battery with the wire tabs exposed. You will see were the 3rd wire goes.
    Last edited by lektro; 10-17-2018 at 01:58 PM.
    Choose Life !!!