Thread: control arms

RC poster

control arms

hey guys ive got a question on the rustlers control arms and turnbuckles... id normally ask this question in the nitro rustler category, but as it seems noone posts there anymore lol.. anyways i have a custom nitro rustler ive been building for awhile and its got a parts list 2 miles long, the thing is straight line fast but lacking in turns so ive recently decided to give it a wider more aggressive stance.. could someone give me specs on the rustlers control arms and turnbuckles?? it would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Whatup Terminator! From what I have read and experienced with several of my rcs is that the wider the arms the less it wants to turn! You should look at suspension tuning to increase the steering. My 2 cents FWIW

search this: suspension tuning increased turning weight camber <-----stuff like that

Oh and BTW, welcome to the forum!!
    MTFBWY

RC poster
    hey synnergy thank you for the reply and also for the welcoming.. im sorry i wasnt very specific about the turning ability lol.. its not that it has issues turning, it is however full of over steer. way to aggressive.. things i have tried so far is lowering of the vehicle, and changing of shock location, also replaced the steering servo. idk maybe its just a driving preference but i was hoping to calm this thing down lol.. ill definatly have to look into your advice tho, thanks again

Oversteer when? Braking, mid-corner, or on-power?
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC poster
    all the way through the turn it is at its worse during acceleration, it just turns on a dime causing alot of spin outs on dirt and concrete. ive done some camber and toe work in the front but the rear is very limited to what you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Terminator View Post
    all the way through the turn it is at its worse during acceleration, it just turns on a dime causing alot of spin outs on dirt and concrete. ive done some camber and toe work in the front but the rear is very limited to what you can do.
    You need to adjust camber link lengths and locations to change the roll center- the Nitro Rustler should have a number of choices for adjustments that can solve this problem. Refer to the attached link - https://images.amain.com/images/Outb...amberlinks.pdf
    Knowledge gained is lost forever if not passed on.

I recently ran across this little ditty (I've never used that word before now, fyi.)

I couldn't figure out where this came from to reference credit.
    MTFBWY

RC poster
    hey fellas thanks again for the help ill give that a shot before replacing any control arms. i didnt really want to replace them anyways spent alot of money on the titanium turn buckles lol.. i do however need to pick up a new rear shock tower i actually broke the previous RPM tower. lol. anyone know of where i could pick up a carbon fiber tower???

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Terminator View Post
    hey fellas thanks again for the help ill give that a shot before replacing any control arms. i didnt really want to replace them anyways spent alot of money on the titanium turn buckles lol.. i do however need to pick up a new rear shock tower i actually broke the previous RPM tower. lol. anyone know of where i could pick up a carbon fiber tower???
    Here ya go... http://www.rdracingproducts.com/inde...be6416dd172c94
    Knowledge gained is lost forever if not passed on.

RC poster
    thanks again guys