Thread: Outrigger help

RC poster

Outrigger help

Ok, I'm building an outrigger hydro and I'm using a 2.5 (#5207) engine. I can't seem to locate an adapter to hook up a boat driveline. I have everything I need with the exception of this adapter. Help, please.

The IPS shaft on the 5207 probably doesn't leave a lot of options for various attachments.

I would look at part number 5221. This is a crank shaft for the 2.5 / 2.5R / 3.3 that has a "multi shaft" and is more commonly used in non-standard applications. You'll probably find more that matches this type of setup.

You would also want to look for a 5236 marine cooling head for the 5207.

Hope this helps, your project is not a common setup.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC poster
    The IPS shaft on the 5207 probably doesn't leave a lot of options for various attachments.

I would look at part number 5221. This is a crank shaft for the 2.5 / 2.5R / 3.3 that has a "multi shaft" and is more commonly used in non-standard applications. You'll probably find more that matches this type of setup.

You would also want to look for a 5236 marine cooling head for the 5207.

Hope this helps, your project is not a common setup.
    Hello TireSlinger,

I'm planning to build something like the The Lobster WE Carbon & Aramid Version model on HydroMarine Outrigger section. It costs 299,00 EUR there. Will it be cheaper just to buy it?

Thanks

I'm not sure how much it would cost to build something like that from scratch. The OP posted a question about adapting his Traxxas 2.5 nitro engine to a custom application, I just gave him some tips to hopefully point him in the right direction.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.