RC Enthusiast

Red face Show your tips & tricks for rc ground vehicles here!

Well- As the title says. just comment on any tips & tricks for your rc trucks & cars here. Budget-friendly tips are really appreciated. As a beginner, I wanted to post this to help other beginners.

Since this will be a fourm for some tips & tricks, I'll show you one that I found.

Instead of getting canned air from local hobby stores, take any bike pump, and put one of those attachments that let you pump basketballs, footballs, etc. with. point the nozzle at hard to reach places in your rc, and PUMP! It works well on my brushed mini slash, but will likely take a lot of work on 1/10 models, nevertheless the xmaxx and UDR! rip.

it's still great if you dont have canned air, or some sort of pressuriser.

Don't run into hard stuff at top speed.

Seriously though, the best tip I have is maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.

My one and only tip. Check out the thousand's of threads to find many tips, not sure about tricks though.
    Choose Life !!!

Best Tip: Maintenance with quality tools.

Best Mod: Throttle Finger Mod.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Tip- As you break things, upgrade them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post

Echoed! But my trick, if you happen to strip a screw use a torque tip to get it out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

My best tip is when you have a bent dogbone, buy a small anvil and put the dogbone on the anvil and lightly tap it with a hammer with the high side up until it is straight. For things like bent shock towers, put it in a vice and use a crescent wrench to pull it back (or forward) and put it on a flat surface to see if it is straight or still bent. Field tip: always take tools when you go bashing or racing.
    Who needs coffee when you have a 10KV+ capacitor?

Tip #2- the Dremel is your friend! Use it to slot stripped screws so you can back them out with a flathead screw driver. The Dremel is my go-to tool for ant modifications I do on my trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post

---the throttle finger mod can cost a lot (Gym membership) but i got one for free. yay!

however, as much as I try, my slash still goes around 15mph even with the trigger finger installed. hmmmmmmm

This is just a joke

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody2462 View Post
    Well- As the title says. just comment on any tips & tricks for your rc trucks & cars here. Budget-friendly tips are really appreciated. As a beginner, I wanted to post this to help other beginners.

Since this will be a fourm for some tips & tricks, I'll show you one that I found.

Instead of getting canned air from local hobby stores, take any bike pump, and put one of those attachments that let you pump basketballs, footballs, etc. with. point the nozzle at hard to reach places in your rc, and PUMP! It works well on my brushed mini slash, but will likely take a lot of work on 1/10 models, nevertheless the xmaxx and UDR! rip.

it's still great if you dont have canned air, or some sort of pressuriser.
    So many great tips out there, here is a few. Buy good quality tools, mip wrenches for starter, don't waste your money on cheap ones you'll reqet later. Always have double a batteries on hand, the more the better, you'll always use them for your remotes. Learn to work on your own trucks, way cheaper than paying your lhs do it. Having friends/family join in on your hobby makes it way more fun. When charging your batteries never leave them unattended, some will even use a lipo bag when charging.

RC Qualifier
    A few more came to mind. Shoe goo and dry wall tape does great to repair cracks in bodies. Get a roll of gorilla tape, when having places where you have any body rub with any part of the truck place a piece of gorilla tape as needed saves the body paint. This next ones a great and easy tip and won't cost you anything, assuming you have a stock traxxas esc or a why to program on the fly. When someone asks you if they can drive by of your trucks, especially the faster they go and have no clue what they are doing. Do yourself a favor and put the truck in beginner/training mode.

RC Qualifier
    Man there is nothing like the cringe feeling you get when you let someone drive your vehicle LOL! Darn good advice about placing vehicle into training mode!! It will save you from a bad day!!

Another tip:
    Buy the best battery charger you can almost afford.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Learn how to solder. If your going to be in the hobby, it's worth doing. Believe most lhs will solder for you, usually a small fee that attaches with it. It's fun and you can practice a bunch till you get it right. You can even start out with a cheaper setup to start with too.