A contest with my lhs manager!

Well, I stopped by my lhs today, kinda bored and looking for something new. In talking with him our rustlers got brought up, he was spouting about how fast his was and how he needs to start messing with it again. My mind started turning and low and behold we have a fastest rustler competition! The only rule is it has to be a 540 motor. Pictured is what I have currently, it's a castle 5700kv, sidewinder 3, proline shocks, slash 4x4 front arms and a sub par savox servo. I'll keep the motor as I think he's going to run a castle 4600kv, what I need some advice on is what i should do with the shocks, should i put a hobbywing max8 in it or a mamba monster x, I'm thinking I'll put 4s in it (I know, the motor is rated for 3s. If I destroy it but beat him ill be okay with that.) And do I need to do something about the servo? Help me win fellow rustler owners, I leave this in your hands!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

A contest with my lhs manager!

Definitely ditch the SW3 for a better ESC. It will hamper your performance in this application.
    Whichever tires you use, make sure you balance them well.

You have not mentioned the terrain or type of race. Is this a street drag :yawn: or something else?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

It's a GPS verified top speed. We'll start on a paved road, then a dirt lot. There's going to be a drastic setup change between the two I suppose. Its going to be my first time setting up a truck for flat out speed. Jumping into new territory here. I was thinking on it last night, I should probably ditch the rpm arms as well and put stock traxxas arms on to reduce flex, no?

RC Champion
    Use the mamba x for speed. cut off lvc( for speed runs) will want some type of street tire preferably taped or belted. lower the front lower than the rear. play with timing start with 0 and work up checking temps as you go.
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

Considering these tires, he told me his system heard going to run. A mamba x paired with a 4600kv on 4s geared 23/86. Our gearing is the same so if a run 4s and keep the wheels on the ground I'll be faster. Thinking I might gear up a tad and run 3s, still trying to figure out the details.

RC Champion
    In my experience bsr are great tires. Very consistent product..
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

Quote Originally Posted by phildogg View Post
    In my experience bsr are great tires. Very consistent product..
    That's good to hear, especially from one of the greats! Beings as these are 2wd is it necessary to put the on the front?

good luck with you competition FnFancy. Sounds like fun!
    Choose Life !!!

FnFancy, you do realise you are carrying the prestige of this forum in your competition with the LHS?
    Failure is not an option.

Thank you lektro! No pressure right trentbaby? I've got it mostly figured out, I'll put the bsr foams on (undecided if I need them in front) I've got steel bars I'll zip tie to the front end, switch in a mamba x, and slam the suspension. Gearing I still am up In the air, I'll run 3s to start. All that's left is camber and toe to dial in.

You have my vote. That lhs manager has a lot of access to parts and stuff. I'd have a surprise in store for him just in case. Is there a deadline you need to be ready by? Make sure you have enough time to do some test runs!
    MTFBWY

Make sure the body you select provides good down force to keep the truck stuck to the pavement at speed. If it's a kite nothing else really matters.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn