RC poster

2215 receiver antenna wire

Hi guys newbie here.

I recently bought a 2nd hand jato for my son and after stripping down and rebuilding it all I discovered that the antenna wire looks to have been cut to about 1.5"-2.0" long. Can a new wire be soldered on? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you can find one then yes. Though that is the much older 27mhz radio system which most everyone would highly recommend upgrading to the current 2.4ghz radios. A Traxxas 2.4ghz transmitter/receiver combo (you only need 2-channel) can be found for around $35 from an online chop shop.
    The Super Derecho

Hobby shops used to carry antenna wire for 27MHz systems. The antenna on the 27MHz receiver needs to be 24 inches long or your range will be greatly decreased. If your antenna wire has been torn or cut off you can try replacing it. Use 24 gauge stranded aluminum wire that is insulated.
    you can find your hobby shop here. http://www.traxxas.com/support/dealerlocator
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply guys, luckily I found an old 27mhz receiver in my old box of bits and took the antenna wire off that and soldered onto the traxxas receiver. Works fine for the time being until I upgrade to a 2.4ghz