RC poster

Badlands vs DirtHawgs vs Trenchers

I have been doing research on a new set of tires but I can't settle on one. They all have pros and cons that effect where and how I can use my truck. For Trenchers I have heard that they are great off-road but are very big, decrease performance and don't turn well. For badlands I have heard that they are extremely grippy of road and turn great but they wear out extremely quickly. For DirtHawgs I have heard that they are great over all but balloon up. I usually use my truck on dirt, gravel, pavement, concrete and mud so I need an overall tire. Are the things I heard and read correct and does anyone have recomendations? Thanks before hand.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I would go for the Badlands. But if you can, I would suggest going for two different tires. That way your off road wouldn't get worn while being used on road.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Gone racing"

What size are you talking? I have Trenchers in SC size(2.2/3.0) and 2.8. I really don't like the SC Trenchers, to me they aren't much better than stock and my 1/8th scale motor easily over powers them. The 2.8 trenchers are much better. They allow my truck to wheelie on command. Like you said though...they're big and heavy. They will put a big load on your motor system and steering servo.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC poster
    I'm looking into 2.8 inch

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin654 View Post
    I'm looking into 2.8 inch

I'd look at the old style badlands (not the MX28's). They're a little skinnier than the trenchers.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Gone racing"

I would get the badlands for off road and some bantditos for street. best handling tire I've ever used on the tarmac/concrete.
    Choose Life !!!

RC poster
    I have this area near my house sort of like a drainage/dam area. It's has some jumps and one of them is pointed towards grass. The rest of the concrete is covered in sand and dust and dirt but not mud. What would be better to use in a situation like this? Banditos cause it's concrete or badlands cause of the dirt and sand? (It's not much sand just a top layer)

I would start with the Trenchers since they have the widest range of surfaces they are good or ok for. They are about the most middle of the road tire atm for off-road use.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin654 View Post
    I have this area near my house sort of like a drainage/dam area. It's has some jumps and one of them is pointed towards grass. The rest of the concrete is covered in sand and dust and dirt but not mud. What would be better to use in a situation like this? Banditos cause it's concrete or badlands cause of the dirt and sand? (It's not much sand just a top layer)

Banditos all day everyday. They're awesome for just that purpose.