RC Enthusiast

New owner showing his face.

Hello!

Iím very new to the RC car world and after looking through this forum it seems there is a LOT to learn.

I got a nitro car a few years back but it drove me crazy, broke the engine with my big heavy handed hands before I even run the engine in 🤦🏼and it has stayed in the loft since (oh yeah, Iím from the UK).

Got my Slash two days ago on 3S battery and I love it, what a beast! My mate got a Kyosho DBX 2.0 too (actually really impressed with that also) I was really surprised with the beating my slash could take, I think itís fair to say Iím still learning so thereís been some nasty accidents with no damage luckily.

I was a bit disappointed at first to see my mates car performing better at cornering considering the price difference but when raced the straights the slash outperformed with its technology. I think the main thing I need to get used to is the turning, it seems very top heavy when turning and I often roll. Iím most likely too throttle happy. The Kyosho did break both itís front drive shafts (not sure if thatís even the right part) and the Slash is like new.

Overall Iím impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jaykurb; 10-21-2018 at 02:16 AM.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the Traxxas forums!

If you have any questions, please go ahead and ask. There are many great people here who will be glad to help.

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Welcome to the forum. Once you get use to the slash and get you some better tires for whatever it is you are running on. You will be even more impressed.

I have to agree with SidewaysNation. LCG is the way to go. I bought the platinum and it hugs the surface. Of course if you will be doing a lot of bashing. LCG might not be the right direction.

When i first started the hobby in 2006 I bought the nitro lst2, nitro Jato 3.3 and the Rustler. Used the lst 2 for a few months and found out I really didn't like nitro. The Jato sits in my living room and has never had fuel in it. Might just sell that, at a give away price. It needs a home. The rustler and a mini baja is all I had run for years. Since, I have added the Stampede and the Slash. Skeered to say how much money I have poured into the 3 over the last 6 years. I got the upgrade disease that there was no cure for. Its all good though. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Have fun with your Slash. Get er how you like it and go tear up some turf or dirt, maybe even lay down some rubber...
    Choose Life !!!

Welcome to the forum and the ad9! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

There is a wealth of knowledge in this forum. You can make your truck do and perform how ever you want. Spend time getting to know your truck. When you know it well make it yours
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Welcome to the forum and the awesome Slash 4x4.

Nitro has always been my first love, and always will be. Does require more prep and tuning, and takes more gear to haul around when taking it out somewhere but is a blast to drive. Electric is also a lot of fun too, and for me, gets better the more I drive. You can throw it in the vehicle with a couple of batteries and your good to go.

May take you a little while to get to know your rig, and how it handles, but its easily adjusted to get it to run the way you want it to. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that will help you out if needed. You may want to give the thread below a read as well as a starting point. A lot of good information in it. From there, you can tweek it to fit your driving style.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...g-on-the-track
    Last edited by NitroBugg; 10-21-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Great choice of threads Nitrobugg! Cover all the bases! There are many to read and learn. Most definitely a lot of knowledge between the threads and members......Don't be skeered to ask....
    Choose Life !!!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the info guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk