RC Racer

Stupid question, go easy... how to know if got a 6s or 8s X-maxx "roller"?

Stupid question, go easy... how to know if got a 6s or 8s X-maxx "roller"?

So i got a chassis roller complete without eletronics (motor/esc/servo).

The seller said it is a 8s version...i think it's a 6s version...

What are the steps witout tearing it down to know what version is?

Looking for what and where!?

Let me know...pictures are welcome!

RC Qualifier
    Can you post a pic?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Does it have a body, the differentials would be easy to spot in a picture as well.

RC Qualifier
    Like the others start by pulling the gear covers and see if you have the slipper or cush drive. (6s is slipper clutch)
    Many 8s conversions run the 6s slipper with no issues. It is not a weak link honestly. The center differential found on the 8s model is good for better handling if you do track driving, but diverts a larger percentage of the power to the front wheels in certain scenarios so I am not a fan of the center diff for my uses. Then the differentials, diff cups, and dog bones are "stronger" however I think the 6s units hold up just fine.

-Liberty

RC Racer
    These are the pics i have of it for now... I will remove the gear covers and put a pic...later!

-That's my "Merv" next to it...just to show sizes! Aileron/wing & girl was already my hands doing some stuff! lol

So from this photos, there is no chance to know if is a 6s or 8s, right?

Ok...thanks. I will put pictures of the gear's and the drivecups/dogbones later...to you guys tell me what i have! Not going for the diff's yet! lol
    Last edited by targeting; 10-22-2018 at 02:13 AM.

Look to see if there’s a slipper clutch under the motor gear cover, if not it’s most likely the Cush Drive and is an 8s roller.
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion

RC Qualifier
    When I first saw the title of this thread I figured it was an 8S version because you posted this thread instead of another, "My X-Maxx caught on fire," thread. Then I read your post and realized you do not have any electronics in it.

This may be worth a try: Enter the serial number that is on your chassis into the box on the following page:

https://traxxas.com/support/repair-exchange/20160115

Since the serial number on the ESC should be identical to the one on the chassis (at least the 6S X-Maxx serial numbers did) it may show up.

Otherwise if you want to share part of the numbers of your serial number you may be able to compare it with others that still have 6S trucks.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours