RC poster

Truck drives, but seems to slip then drives slow

Truck drives, but seems to slip then drives slow. Iíve removed motor and checked positioning and gears. Iíve removed the gears by the motor and they look fine. I pulled the rear diff and they looked fine also (lubed and teeth are all in place).

What am I missing?

RC poster
    The magnets on the shaft of the motor might have broken loose. It happened to mine after 3 months of bashing. Easy fix is to pull the motor apart and JB Weld the magnets and collar back on the shaft.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by strick9440 View Post
    The magnets on the shaft of the motor might have broken loose. It happened to mine after 3 months of bashing. Easy fix is to pull the motor apart and JB Weld the magnets and collar back on the shaft.
    Thanks. Checked motor and it seems to be in good shape. I may check the front diff also.

Quote Originally Posted by kde View Post
    Truck drives, but seems to slip then drives slow. I’ve removed motor and checked positioning and gears. I’ve removed the gears by the motor and they look fine. I pulled the rear diff and they looked fine also (lubed and teeth are all in place).

What am I missing?
    if your truck has a slipper clutch (6s originally) make sure you fully tighten the nut, then back it off 1/8 turn. If needed take a 7.0mm nut and add to the top as a lock nut for the stock slipper nut.
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion