Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Thereís a new slash 4x4 Ultimate

https://m.traxxas.com/products/model...h-4x4-ultimate

It says it has ďNEWĒ GtR shocks
    New heavy duty a arms
    New heavy duty driveshafts
    New metal grates servo

They added the new a arms and driveshafts from the rustler but didnít throw in the xo-1 diffs or the revo slipper. At least I think they are from the rustler. They didnít specify a part number.

The rustler has the upgraded revo slipper so maybe this slash will as well. They didnít mention anything so far.

As for the shocks it looks like they just made them a new color. The servo is just the old servo with their metal gears.

Edit: they added a locking system on the bottom spring retainer. Apparently they added an X ring in place of the O ring? Iíve got no idea what that is though.

They also cut the price by $50

any improvement is good but I think it should be in their interest to through in their xo-1 diffs, an aluminum bearings adapter and the revo slipper if they didnít sometime in the future.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ati; 10-22-2018 at 06:33 PM.

RC Qualifier

^^^ sorry the aluminum bearing adapter is included. I didnít mean to put that into there.

May I also add, the shocks donít seem to be PTFE coated. They might be weaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ati; 10-22-2018 at 07:11 PM.

It seems traxxas is stepping up their game. Counting the x-Maxx this is at least four models that have had driveline changes, for the better I might add. Arrma is going to get a run for their money, it seems as though that is what the competition is. The cheapest most durable truck. I for one am in favor, the parts support alone for traxxas gets them ahead of the game, now with the beefed up driveline maybe the can break free of the haters!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    It seems traxxas is stepping up their game. Counting the x-Maxx this is at least four models that have had driveline changes, for the better I might add. Arrma is going to get a run for their money, it seems as though that is what the competition is. The cheapest most durable truck. I for one am in favor, the parts support alone for traxxas gets them ahead of the game, now with the beefed up driveline maybe the can break free of the haters!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I took a little deeper look. The retainers on the shocks are from the unlimited desert racer, and the shock bodies are of less quality.

The shocks didnít see much of an upgrade. But the servo, a arms, and half axles all improved.

However I still canít figure out where they found room to cut $50 off the price tag.

Wow! I am going to have to get one! I like that the chassis is already black! It has new a arms and blue shocks. I will for sure give those new CV axles a run for their money
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Looks super cool.

RC Qualifier

Is there any real benefit with the new shock retainers over the older ones?

Pn: 7468 vs 7468X

Iíve never had one pop off and It looks like it would just make removing springs more difficult.

Also unfortunately the new shock bodies arenít PDFE coated making them weaker than the older ones.

I think they did well with everything except with the shocks. Made them cheaper but prettier.

Taking a look at the parts list for both the old and new ultimate model, I believe that the aluminum bearing adapter actually wasnít included. Can anybody confirm this?

El Sob,
    Where did you see the painted chassis?

I am half asleep so I could be wrong. The color of the chassis in this picture looks more black then grey.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ati View Post
    However I still can’t figure out where they found room to cut $50 off the price tag.
    That truck cost about $100 more than it should have. They dropped the price by $50 and added a $50 better servo. There you go!

I've mentioned it several times that Traxxas needed to up their game, and I'm glad to see them improving their product line. Competition breeds excellence. They really need to apply these to their whole Slash lineup though, it's not like the new parts cost more to manufacture.
    Last edited by RazorRC22; 10-23-2018 at 01:28 AM.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Champion
    I think the appearance of the more black chassis is due to all the black parts. Could be wrong and would love to see a darker color chassis as well!!

RC Qualifier
    I'm all for all the upgrades and a huge Traxxas fan.I have many. My only problem is if you're going to call it a ultimate please put in a motor and esc that can handle 3s out of the box with no heat issues. I know it will be a little more expensive but they already have the ET,3 and 2400 they can put in from the funny car. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I am half asleep so I could be wrong. The color of the chassis in this picture looks more black then grey.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Just looked it up...

Basic chassis is grey:

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/7422

New chassis is charcoal grey:

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/7422A
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Ooo i hope they do the pede vxl 4x4 the update, not that it makes a huge difference but im thinking of buying one itd be nice to have these little updates.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

RC Qualifier
    Is there any real benefit with the new shock retainers over the older ones?

Pn: 7468 vs 7468X

I’ve never had one pop off …...
    I have, I think it's a welcomed improvement.

The shocks are actually PTFE coated.

https://traxxas.com/products/models/...h-4x4-ultimate

NEW High-volume, blue PTFE-coated aluminum GTR shocks
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC Champion
    Sweet! Like the color for sure! Traxxas is stepping their game up for sure. Hopefully they keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    I'm all for all the upgrades and a huge Traxxas fan.I have many. My only problem is if you're going to call it a ultimate please put in a motor and esc that can handle 3s out of the box with no heat issues. I know it will be a little more expensive but they already have the ET,3 and 2400 they can put in from the funny car. Just my 2 cents.
    Noted. But then you'll get the people that will complain because the price jumped from the old Ultimate and is close to the cost of an ERBE. No matter what you will have those that welcome the change and those that will scour the pages looking for something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown94 View Post
    I have, I think it's a welcomed improvement.
    Me as well - on my Slash and I've been lucky to date to find the retainer in the grass or lying in the street. Though I catch it almost right away as there is an obvious droop.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier

Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    The shocks are actually PTFE coated.

https://traxxas.com/products/models/...h-4x4-ultimate

NEW High-volume, blue PTFE-coated aluminum GTR shocks
    Thanks for pointing that out! I must have totally missed it. The parts list hadnít mentioned anything.

Iíll have to get a set. They look really nice!

My shocks are fairly new. I havenít had any issues with retainers yet. But they cost as much as the old rebuild set. Iíll look into them.

The darker chassis looks great as well.

All great additions!

Last edited by ati; 10-23-2018 at 01:14 PM.

From the new Slash parts list (plain and blue):

7466X Body, GTR long (hard-anodized, PTFE-coated aluminum) (1)
    7466 Body, GTR long shock, aluminum (blue-anodized) (PTFE-coated bodies) (1)

7467X Body, GTR xx-long (hard-anodized, PTFE-coated aluminum) (1)
    7467 Body, GTR xx-long shock, aluminum (blue-anodized) (PTFE-coated bodies) (1)

From the new Rustler 4x4 parts list (plain, blue, and green):

7466X Body, GTR long (hard-anodized, PTFE-coated aluminum) (1)
    7466 Body, GTR long shock, aluminum (blue-anodized) (PTFE-coated bodies) (1)
    7466G Body, GTR long shock, aluminum (green-anodized) (PTFEcoated bodies) (1)

7467X Body, GTR xx-long (hard-anodized, PTFE-coated aluminum) (1)
    7467 Body, GTR xx-long shock, aluminum (blue-anodized) (PTFEcoated bodies) (1)
    7467G Body, GTR xx-long shock, aluminum (green-anodized) (PTFEcoated bodies) (1)

The dark gray chassis is really nice. Never liked the light gray chassis personally.

Quote Originally Posted by IanRose View Post
    Ooo i hope they do the pede vxl 4x4 the update, not that it makes a huge difference but im thinking of buying one itd be nice to have these little updates.
    I think the best way to get one is to buy a Rustler 4x4, change back to the old shock towers and body mounts and out on MT body and wheels. Then you got the whole thing with a better chassis (LCG).

^Yup. Only 20mm wheelbase difference.

^^^ sorry the aluminum bearing adapter is included. I didnít mean to put that into there.

May I also add, the shocks donít seem to be PTFE coated. They might be weaker.

The PTFE coating makes them more slick. It's the TIN coating that makes them stronger. I personally don't think they downgraded the shocks. Could be wrong though......
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    The PTFE coating makes them more slick. It's the TIN coating that makes them stronger. I personally don't think they downgraded the shocks. Could be wrong though......
    Squeegie pointed it out. I had completely missed all the parts where it said PTFE. I guess I stopped reading at the anodized aluminum part.

They are in fact coated with PTFE. Just as strong as the old shocks. New color to match the blue aluminum and a locked retainer.

I googled it and it seems PTFE is stronger than plain aluminum.

Squeegie pointed it out. I had completely missed all the parts where it said PTFE. I guess I stopped reading at the anodized aluminum part.

They are in fact coated with PTFE. Just as strong as the old shocks. New color to match the blue aluminum and a locked retainer.

I googled it and it seems PTFE is stronger than plain aluminum.
    Not that it really matters, but I just did too. Not trying to tell, you are wrong. Just telling it's main use. All is good...

http://www.orioncoat.com/resources/ptfe-101/

TIN > titanium nitrate

https://www.tincoat.net/tin.html?_vs...QaAkdNEALw_wcB
    Last edited by lektro; 10-23-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    I think the best way to get one is to buy a Rustler 4x4, change back to the old shock towers and body mounts and out on MT body and wheels. Then you got the whole thing with a better chassis (LCG).
    I have a slash lcg setup like a rustler 4x4 sometimes. I neex somthing that can back flip easier. Even with heavy duratrax stampede tires my slash need at least ten feet of air to get a backflip. But its good at other stuff so i dont want to covert it to a pede.
    ------

RC Qualifier

Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Not that it really matters, but I just did too. Not trying to tell, you are wrong. Just telling it's main use. All is good...

http://www.orioncoat.com/resources/ptfe-101/

TIN > titanium nitrate

https://www.tincoat.net/tin.html?_vs...QaAkdNEALw_wcB
    No worries. Itís always nice to learn something new. Thanks for the links

Edit: I misread... again.

It said it offers the same strength as anodized aluminum but with dry lubrication.

I need to start reading more carefully. Three times in a single thread already.

Last edited by ati; 10-23-2018 at 04:52 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by IanRose View Post
    I have a slash lcg setup like a rustler 4x4 sometimes. I neex somthing that can back flip easier. Even with heavy duratrax stampede tires my slash need at least ten feet of air to get a backflip. But its good at other stuff so i dont want to covert it to a pede.
    Interesting. Iíve got no problem with doing backflips. I just need 3 or 4 feet. I donít run a body though. That might get rid of a lot of air resistance.

But I definitely agree. The slash is not suited well for acrobatics like the revo or pede.

Mines geared low so its not helping but i was having heat issues, grip problems too. Right now the price for a slightly built up pede is just shy the price of a Revo. I want the overpowered flip around the whole yard experience.
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Just looked it up...

Basic chassis is grey:

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/7422

New chassis is charcoal grey:

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/7422A
    I knew that the chassis looked darker! You probably won't have to dye it black. Looks good already! I am looking forward to the release date. I am just going to have to get one. The Ultimate edition I just got may be up for sale.

I like that call El Sob! I do like the Charcoal gray also.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I knew that the chassis looked darker! You probably won't have to dye it black. Looks good already! I am looking forward to the release date. I am just going to have to get one. The Ultimate edition I just got may be up for sale.
    I would keep your hop ups. Even the new extreme heavy duty drive shafts probably wonít do too well on 3s.

And you could probably get all the new parts for under $100.

Probably about $10 per blue shock body.
    ~$40
    $10 for the new retainers
    $20 for the metal gears for the servo
    ~$25 for the new a arms
    And you have the XO-1 cvds.

~$95 I would guess.
    And you could always dye your chassis.

RC Qualifier
    It also has new tires if anybody is interested in that.

RC Racer
    Interesting, I really like some of the upgrades, wish there were more body choices like the last version. Also noticed the OBA feature was drop.
    RC's4-UDR/6-XMax/?-Slash/1-Rust4X/4-E-rev/4-E-maxx

RC Qualifier

Quote Originally Posted by cc1999 View Post
    Interesting, I really like some of the upgrades, wish there were more body choices like the last version. Also noticed the OBA feature was drop.
    All the previous bodies work and they added two new ones.
    Itís not a new truck, just a slightly renovated one.

I hadnít even noticed that OBA was gone. Good eye!
    I wasnít a big fan, I know some people liked it.

I guess thatís where they were able to cut some $$$.

Whats new about the tires? The oba is where that $50 went.
    ------

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas sells the entire OBA set for much more than $50.

I believe if bought all separately it would be about $130.

Although Iím not sure how much the actual control box is. Iím not sure it exists anymore... I looked for a very long time.
    I just decided on $30 for it. Itís probably more like $50 but who knows.

ďTires & wheels, assembled, glued (SCT Split-Spoke black chrome beadlock style wheels, BFGoodrich Mud-TerrainTM T/A KM2 tires, foam inserts) (2) (4WD f/r, 2WD rear) (TSM rated)Ē pn: 6873T

There are a few different 6873 tires. Canít really say what the difference is. Maybe colored differently?

I would keep your hop ups. Even the new extreme heavy duty drive shafts probably won’t do too well on 3s.

And you could probably get all the new parts for under $100.

Probably about $10 per blue shock body.
    ~$40
    $10 for the new retainers
    $20 for the metal gears for the servo
    ~$25 for the new a arms
    And you have the XO-1 cvds.

~$95 I would guess.
    And you could always dye your chassis.
    I gave that idea some thought also. A new Ultimate edition sounds good. I'd probably take all of the upgrades off of the other Ultimate edition before I sold it. It is still in beautiful condition
    Ati, I personally have about three of the sound boxes sitting around in my house.

RC Racer
    Anyone expect much difference in performance, or hadeling over the current/old ultimate 68077-24 version?
    RC's4-UDR/6-XMax/?-Slash/1-Rust4X/4-E-rev/4-E-maxx

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cc1999 View Post
    Anyone expect much difference in performance, or hadeling over the current/old ultimate 68077-24 version?
    Maybe slightly less worry about Broken arms and half axles. The servo gears probably wonít break strip as much. And no stress about losing spring retainers...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast