RC poster

Futaba Telemetry w/ XL-5

Has anyone replaced their receiver/radio with better equipment?

I have a 2WD Slash that I race in a stock class and want to use my Futaba radio with a R304SB-E receiver but I'm curious as to whether or not the telemetry will work with the XL-5 ESC (since I can't replace the ESC and still run stock class).

All that said, having never used telemetry, what I'm asking may be total nonsense, I understand that.

Thanks in advance for the help.

- Chappy

RC Qualifier
    I don't know the specific answer to your question, but I have a clarifying quesiton that might help others or myself help you. What telemetry functions are you trying to achive?

Typically at the track I only care about motor temp and battery voltage which are not specific to an ESC.

-Liberty

What flavor of Futaba do you have?

If your TX/RX supports telemetry, then you are good to go, just wiring in the necessary sensors to your RX, and set the whole mess up on the TX, easy-peasy....
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Great clarifying question Liberty. Yes, I'm looking merely for voltage and temperature. Upon further research, where I was getting confused was I was thinking the telemetry was passed from the ESC to the Rx. I didn't realize the sensors were installed seperately and sent straight to the Rx. BTW, I have a R304SB-E.

Thanks again, guys.