Traxxas 2262 BEC

This is new...

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/2262

Anyone know the voltage or amperage rating on it?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Bec is set at 6v with no adjustment and no amp ratints listed for it anywhere.

RC Competitor
    I just installed the Traxxas 2216 BEC along with their 2250 servo with metal steering horn. The BEC is neatly hidden inside the new reciever cover and other than another Y wire off the ESC you cant even tell its there. I like the setup. Now Im just trying to set new set points on the transmitter program.

I installed the Traxxas BEC and put a watts meter on it with a Protek 370TBL servo. The BEC put out 6.05 volts at idle
    Under full load
    4.83 amps and the voltage dropped to 5.67volts

I tried the stock servo but didn't take a pic. It only used I think 1.5 amps. So my guess is its rated at 6 volts at 5 amps. I think it did pretty good.

Xmaxx, Rally, Slash 4X4, Summit 1/16

Interesting test, what CT does that meter use? I was thinking of doing some testing like this, but everything I have is for house current or higher, and just will not fit where I need it to.

The 1.5A on the stock servo really demonstrates the problem with it, the XL5's BEC only is rated at 1A, so that is proof positive that the servo is what's killing the XL-5's BEC. The fuse on the board of the servo should have blown, but is either blows at a higher amperage, or, the soldering in that area of the board is a little sloppy and is actually sorted where the fuse sits.

In any case, the lesson here is to use a BEC with the XL5.

RC Enthusiast
    It's all starting to make sense. My stock servo failed and wiped out my XL5 too.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by CT. The meter is an Astor Flight meter. I did try the stock esc with stock servo and it idled at 5.95 volts and max it put out 1.64 amps, voltage dropped to 5.74 volts. But as soon as it hit 1.64 amps, it started dropping pretty fast. I held it for 12 secs and it went down to 1.35 amps, volts went up a tad to 5.76.

"CT" stands for Current Transformer, its how you measure current. Looks like it is something that is built into that module. Might have to pick one of those up to see what I can do with it.

They are used mainly for airplanes, to test if the propeller and motor/esc combo is happy. Too big of a prop can pull too many amps. This is a great way to tell if your setup is safe. I made a servo cable were the positive and negative wires ran threw the meter so it could measure it. I first hooked it up to the output plug off the esc which read battery voltage. But was unable to get a correct reading. It only pulled a .50 an amp. So the Traxxas BEC is doing its job. I think it works great. Yes its not 7 volts but it does perform well.

Here is a pic of the cable I made to test the BEC and servo. The meter plugs into the Traxxas plugs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk