RC poster

TRX-4 sport/Bronco kit

I'm thinking about getting the kit or sport, can't decide between the 2.
    Iv'e owned Axial crawlers, never owned a Traxxas.
    I like all the options of the kit, but do you really use the lockers or leave them locked all the time? So would that be an option not necessary.
    I guess what I'm asking is, Are all the options really worth the cost, or are just going to be a problem to repair later. I'm not against repairing, It's part of the hobby.
    Suggestions please. What you like and don't like.
    Cheers

I like the TRX4 more than my Axial crawlers, just seems to trail and crawl better. Other 2-speed transmissions I have had seemed to be more of a gimmick, the 2-speed on the TRX4 gives a nice range of speed and torque, and is really nice with the Mamba X and a 1900kv motor. The lockers were interesting, but in the end I took them out and spooled the diffs, it also freed up a channel on my DX5R to control lights.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    I just took my new blue TRX4 Sport out to the same wilderness coarse I run my Defender on. WOW! Its a little beast! The thing climbed up a rocky creek incline that my Def wouldnt clear. It barely ever bottomed out because of all the extra clearance it has and its so bloody light you have to keep off the throttle or it will jump over boulders. Its not as sturdy as the Def. The body is super light which benefits its superb agility. But picking it up it feels flimsy. I hope its overbuilt for its lightweight purpose. In short its a blast.
    Last edited by miltonpoulos; 10-25-2018 at 09:05 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I like the TRX4 more than my Axial crawlers, just seems to trail and crawl better. Other 2-speed transmissions I have had seemed to be more of a gimmick, the 2-speed on the TRX4 gives a nice range of speed and torque, and is really nice with the Mamba X and a 1900kv motor. The lockers were interesting, but in the end I took them out and spooled the diffs, it also freed up a channel on my DX5R to control lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by miltonpoulos View Post
    I just took my new blue TRX4 Sport out to the same wilderness coarse I run my Defender on. WOW! Its a little beast! The thing climbed up a rocky creek incline that my Def wouldnt clear. It barely ever bottomed out because of all the extra clearance it has and its so bloody light you have to keep off the throttle or it will jump over boulders. Its not as sturdy as the Def. The body is super light which benefits its superb agility. But picking it up it feels flimsy. I hope its overbuilt for its lightweight purpose. In short its a blast.
    The more videos I watch of the sport makes want it even more, same as the bronco. Just can't decide.
    I do agree I may not need to lock/unlock diffs. Most likely leave them locked.
    I wish Traxxas would release the accessories for sport, that would help with decision.

RC Competitor
    The only ďaccessoryĒ I missed was the inner fenders. There was a ton of dirt and tree debris in the wiring and running gear I just donít get inside of my Defender after a healthy run. Those fenders are a must have even if it adds some unwanted weight. It climbs like a mountain goat! But again for the $309 price itís a thrill a minute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    The only “accessory” I missed was the inner fenders. There was a ton of dirt and tree debris in the wiring and running gear I just don’t get inside of my Defender after a healthy run. Those fenders are a must have even if it adds some unwanted weight. It climbs like a mountain goat! But again for the $309 price it’s a thrill a minute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where did you find it for $309?

RC Competitor
    Jegs Autmotive with a 30% off coupon code! ;-)

RC poster
    Jegs Autmotive with a 30% off coupon code! ;-)
    Found on Jegs.
    Comes as kit with Traxxas Charger & Battery Kit, Kit Includes: 2- 5000mAh 11.1v 3-Cell 25C LiPo Battery.
    $50 off with coupon code. $489.90
    Without Battrey kit. $25 off with coupon code. $314.95
    codes expire in 5 days.

RC poster
    I just ordered the kit version. I will probably not be installing the lockers.
    Also ordered, (2) Spool/ differential housing plug/ e-clip.
    Red and Tacky #2 grease.
    May be selling the, Differential, locking, front and rear T-Lock cables and servos
    Wish me luck.

RC Enthusiast
    I am looking at this kit and am wondering how well do you guys think this truck would do pulling my boats? I want the kit so I can mess with it during the build part. I got some extra time on my hands now coming into Ohio winter. So now running and tuning the boats will slow way down for awhile but the wife and I also have 2 2wd slashs we run alot. The slashs will pull the boats but are geared way wrong to keep doing this. I had concidered a 4wd slash for this porpuse but kinda like to get into crawling too....kinda the best of both worlds if ya think it will fair as a tow rig. Just looking for advice from you guys that have them ....thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Well I think Im gonna do it...Think Im gonna get the kit for the sake of the assembly part . I think it should fair well as a tow rig for my boats. If anybody has a doubt please throw it out here. I am also wondering how well the trx sport pick up body will fit with the fender tubs on the chassis? Anyone know if it takes a lot of trimming? Pretty straight forward fit? Have thought about a 4x4 slash but already have 2 2wds and would like to get a taste of crawling. Asking for advice from you guys that know...cheers.