RC poster

Question Lipo charge with Onxy 210?

So I just purchased a slash 2wd 1/10 from. It came with a few extras. There's a 20c 5000mah lipo battery. The 10w dynamite balance charger only shows full green meaning it's full but when plugging it into the rc there's nothing.

I also have a Onyx 210 AC/DC Charger that says it only chargers NiMH and NiCD. It charges up to 5.0amps. Should I plug the lipo balance lead into the balance charger and the traxxas plug into the Onyx 210 charger?

Still learning how everything works.

no no NO NO!

Does not work like that.

Use a charger designed for charging lipo batteries and don't go the cheap route of attempting to use two different chargers to charge one battery. That is more than just plain stupid and lacking common sense. The charger needs to know the cell count and the voltage of each prior to and during the charging phase - hence the balance lead.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    That's a FIRE HAZARD waiting to happpen! DON'T do it! NEVER use two chargers on one battery! Exactly what Double G said! Try a known good battery in the slash. Could be two things ESC bad or lipo bad. With out knowing cell voltage you will be left guessing. Most lipo's being sold used are neglected.

RC Enthusiast
    You can get a small lipo voltage checker for under $5. It will come in handy many times over.

RC poster
    Thank you! I haven't tried it at all. I figured it was a common sense thing but wasn't sure if I was missing something. Will be looking for a charger. So far the slash with a castle creations brushless motor runs great on a NiMH. That will get me by until I find the right Lipo set up.