RC Qualifier

Anyone with a long term review with proline tires on the e revo vxl

Now that I drive my e revo with both front tires blown off the bead, itís time for replacements. Someone tel me a tire that will last. If youíre ďI run 4s only never go past half throttle wheels never come off the groundĒ Iím gonna be honest please say that, because if I buy tires that I just rip the walls like the stock ones Iíll be pretty mad! I run 6s and drive it like I stole it. Iíve heard good stuff about shockwaves and mashers? They seem to closely resemble the stock ones in size, which is what Iím looking for. Donít want super skinny tires or ones smaller than stock. Thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    mashers and shockwaves are completely different tires. you should really understand which tire best fit your driving preference, terrain type and look.

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by manzamanna View Post
    mashers and shockwaves are completely different tires. you should really understand which tire best fit your driving preference, terrain type and look.

I guess I seemed too descriptive. I want a tire that won’t blow apart when I’m jumping and that’s close to the dimensions of the stock tire.

I'm currently using the Badlands mx38 a little bit bigger than stock but has been good so far on bashing and jumping. 4s though know other like their Badlands as well.

Shockwaves are a bit smaller and lighter than stock. Ppl have been enjoying them as well. Or the proline trenchers.

There are some theads that show tire sizes and weights compared to stock. If u do a search.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    I guess I seemed too descriptive. I want a tire that wonít blow apart when Iím jumping and thatís close to the dimensions of the stock tire.
    for jumps:
    high weight gives better control on back/front flips
    low weight decrease the likelihood of breaking
    high sidewalls give better cushion to absorb the impact

for balloning/breaking tires:
    pretty much any Proline tire is fine as long as you tape or strap them.

I normally use shockwaves for bashing in a motocross track nearby home.
    When I want to go banana with jumps I use taped masher.
    In the desert I have sling shot in the back.
    When racing in the desert shockwaves in the front and when making huge jumps off the dunes masher in the front.

Note that shockwaves are a good compromise for all-round due to low weight and better handling but they are not that good as far as grip. They are **** for back/front flips.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by manzamanna View Post
    for jumps:
    high weight gives better control on back/front flips
    low weight decrease the likelihood of breaking
    high sidewalls give better cushion to absorb the impact

for balloning/breaking tires:
    pretty much any Proline tire is fine as long as you tape or strap them.

I normally use shockwaves for bashing in a motocross track nearby home.
    When I want to go banana with jumps I use taped masher.
    In the desert I have sling shot in the back.
    When racing in the desert shockwaves in the front and when making huge jumps off the dunes masher in the front.

Note that shockwaves are a good compromise for all-round due to low weight and better handling but they are not that good as far as grip. They are **** for back/front flips.

Shockwaves sound perfect. I don’t mind skidding a bit if it’s not gonna explode. Thanks.

RC Competitor
    I've run both Shockwaves and Badlands on my revo both 4s & 6s... I did put a center diff in which is running heavier than stock diff fluid...

Badlands are smaller width wise but have more bite on loose surfaces - depending on your dif. Setup they do balloon up quite a bit if they are left to unspool under throttle...

The Shockwaves are great for all around and are the closest to stock but made better... They don't balloon up as much and have great cushion for landing... As another person in this thread mentioned - they don't hook up well on loose surfaces - you can literally drift with them depending on your suspension setup -

Mashers are heavier so they'll balloon more if you don't tape them but they do have slightly better grip than the Shockwaves

Trenchers have the best traction you can get but balloon badly - if you're gonna run these on 1st Gen platform I strongly suggest loosening your slipper a bit and running a center diff to prevent destroying your f&r diffs when they do hook up...

Virtually all tires currently on the market (except radials from smc) balloon horrendously under 6s - lower quality ones will shred..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Here's a front shot of my ERBE with Shockwaves

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys. Shockwaves it is.