RC Competitor

Rocks entering drive line tunnel

Hey guys.

Looking for some suggestions. We have both the old ERevo and the new one here. My son was running his EREvo 2.0 last weekend and within the space of an hour or so had broken both rear drivelines - at the input to the rear diff. I just thought he was being too rough but upon further inspection it appears that there was a pathway for small rocks to enter the rear tunnel. These then get jammed in the plastic ribs of the chassis and rub against the drive line eventually wearing it thin and then it fails.
    I have looked as best I can at the clearances of the skid plate to the chassis and there does not appear any way that rocks enter from the underside. Upon closer inspection there is a gap underneath the spur gear where debris can enter the rear chamber. Has anybody had similar issues? I will try to seal up the gap and have my son take it out again.

Cheers for any input!

S.

RC Qualifier
    I guess I’ve been lucky, but I’ve never snapped the center drive lines yet.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxSPL View Post
    Hey guys.

Looking for some suggestions. We have both the old ERevo and the new one here. My son was running his EREvo 2.0 last weekend and within the space of an hour or so had broken both rear drivelines - at the input to the rear diff. I just thought he was being too rough but upon further inspection it appears that there was a pathway for small rocks to enter the rear tunnel. These then get jammed in the plastic ribs of the chassis and rub against the drive line eventually wearing it thin and then it fails.
    I have looked as best I can at the clearances of the skid plate to the chassis and there does not appear any way that rocks enter from the underside. Upon closer inspection there is a gap underneath the spur gear where debris can enter the rear chamber. Has anybody had similar issues? I will try to seal up the gap and have my son take it out again.

Cheers for any input!

S.
    thanks for sharing, maybe post some pics on how you seal it. I have the same problem with sand.

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Thanks to SlotterHouse and ksb51rl for their ingenuity for this little guard
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=492482

The link for a diy guard doesn't seem to be there now. I have a copy of the template to measure for the 2.0

These are from an ERBE I had some time ago. 2010 I believe and I have a 8.5x11 full of individuals.

ksb51rl might be able to point us to that original template.

Hope this gives a little insight on solution anyway.
    Never do anything half fast. Hey Ya'll, watch this

Rocks entering drive line tunnel

Im sure I have the pdf version somewhere. The question is how to host it anymore.

BTW, I just did the grunt work. The creativity and intellectual property rights belong to others.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    This is what it helps prevent.

Never do anything half fast. Hey Ya'll, watch this

Ya it sucks when rocks get stuck in there

RC Competitor
    That's the problem. For now I put some Gorilla tape over the gap in the chassis just below the spur gear. Will have my son run it over the weekend then will take a look to see if it helped.