RC Competitor

Can the udr handle 6s

Hi there rcdude99 here and just wanted to know if the udr drivetrain can handle 6s

Hmmm. Dont tell me were gonna do this again!
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Hmmm. Dont tell me were gonna do this again!
    Hahaha, I'm having deja vue! It must be a glitch in the matrix!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Put an MGM ESC and 12S no other upgrades. Then complain when it breaks. Sorry No offense RCDude. These threads are plentiful and full of rhetoric.

And repetitive!
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    The answer you need to hear, is that, this is a hobby grade race truck.

it will need maintenance. there is NO doubt.

Besides a planetary ring gear and a few bearings, the driveline has held up to tons of abuse. 4s and 6s

You need to remove and take apart the rear end atleast every 10 battery sets, and clean the teeth on the all the gears (ring/pinon, and planetary)and check the bearings.

the rear center driveline/driveshaft is a "consumable part" you will go thru these, a lot faster if you abuse it on 6s. I highly recommend you search this forum for ways to "limit" your suspension travel. You will break/wear these out. Thats why it comes with a spare.

Dont let the rear center driveshaft break off. replace it once the wobble gets really bad. As it wobbles, it eats/bend the rear end housing where the bearing sits. friend had to replace that housing part.

at full droop, your driveline FRONT AND REAR binds. (like when u pick it up in the air), 1/8th of an inch limiters help ALOT.

Hope this helps.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    ...Hope this helps.
    Though some will undoubtedly have a differing opinion on some of the points, Im sure it does. Thanks for the thought-full answer.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    The answer you need to hear, is that, this is a hobby grade race truck.

it will need maintenance. there is NO doubt.

Besides a planetary ring gear and a few bearings, the driveline has held up to tons of abuse. 4s and 6s

You need to remove and take apart the rear end atleast every 10 battery sets, and clean the teeth on the all the gears (ring/pinon, and planetary)and check the bearings.

the rear center driveline/driveshaft is a "consumable part" you will go thru these, a lot faster if you abuse it on 6s. I highly recommend you search this forum for ways to "limit" your suspension travel. You will break/wear these out. Thats why it comes with a spare.

Dont let the rear center driveshaft break off. replace it once the wobble gets really bad. As it wobbles, it eats/bend the rear end housing where the bearing sits. friend had to replace that housing part.

at full droop, your driveline FRONT AND REAR binds. (like when u pick it up in the air), 1/8th of an inch limiters help ALOT.

Hope this helps.
    The plastic hub/rotors are a major week point of the drive train. Mine striped out on its 3rd run. And on the 6th run I started hearing clicking every time I went full throttle to break. There is teach missing on the rear ring gear the truck is a great design they should have used more
    Metal parts than plastic ya it would have cost as much as the xmax but at least it would last longer

RC Racer
    Ive ran mine on 6s ever sense I got mine. But I do take it easy and I don't bash mine like a you would with a Slash. Just have fun with it, if you break stuff remember thats the fun part about this hobby is taking it apart learning about the rig and fixing it. cheers.
    Traxxas UDR Fox Edition, TRX4, Slash 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcdude99 View Post
    Hi there rcdude99 here and just wanted to know if the udr drivetrain can handle 6s
    Dont you get bored asking that type of questions on almost every rc forum? xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk