RC Racer

Charger wont recognize battery

Just bought two brand new venom batteries on sale. I pluged them into my ez peak plus charger and it won’t seem to recognize my batteries. The leds remain the same with and without the battery pluged in. I’m thinking maybe it has something to do with the unversal connector??? (Yes I plugged the balance plug in)

Can’t figure this out. No one else seems to have this problem. Brand new batterys too.
    Last edited by KoopDogg; 10-30-2018 at 09:08 PM.

RC Competitor
    did u plug them in all the way and also the balance connector also I find to buy Traxxas batteries for the warranty FYI

RC Racer
    Yup. Everything is plugged in.

Try plugging it in with a different connector or solder a Traxxas connector to the battery wires. The Venom universal connector is likely the issue and per Traxxas is not allowed to be mentioned due to their patent infringement on Traxxas's patented [legacy] High Current Connector.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Those universal connectors actually are trash. Like said, solder on some real Traxxas connectors. You’ll have issues with heat and eventually bad batteries by using those universal connector adapters. Been there and done that!!