Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dstaks stampede 4x4 build

I bought this roller and its in decent shape I suppose. The screws, driveshafts, and bearings are rusted and the truck itself needs some tlc. The roller has rpm arms , mip driveshafts, ace ds1015, upgraded turnbuckles, and rpm front hub carriers. As far as upgrades thats all I noticed. This will be my only basher since 8th scale got to exspensive ( bashing with a mugen ) So stay tuned, I got high hopes lol. I have ordered everything so I will update as I go.
    I like monster trucks

Buying used can be a challenge. I've gotten a few in the shape of yours. I do like tearing them down and building them back up, but man, some folks really don't take care of their trucks at all. Too​ bad you can't see locked up bearings in a photo...

Sounds like a fun project, the pede is a great truck. I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Quote Originally Posted by czlynx View Post
    Buying used can be a challenge. I've gotten a few in the shape of yours. I do like tearing them down and building them back up, but man, some folks really don't take care of their trucks at all. Too​ bad you can't see locked up bearings in a photo...

Sounds like a fun project, the pede is a great truck. I look forward to seeing what you do with it!
    Yes indeed a little more expensive then I thought. I have a bunch of boca bearings and avids laying around so that will help if I have the size. Definetly a little worse off then I originally thought but here is what I'm working with. Completely torn down and dyed. Looks alot better, next I will be tackling driveshafts and bearings. I will post photos of whats going on and upgraded. Not to much but definetly enough to be reliable and consistent.

Last edited by dstaks; 10-31-2018 at 07:24 AM.
    I like monster trucks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah. Always happens that way. P4deís are lots of fun. Great bashers. Looking good so far. Looks like youíve got your work cut out for you.

So here is whats going to be put on
    Tekno center drive shaft
    Slipper bearing
    Aluminum and graphite slipper pads
    Mod 1 spur
    3665 2600kv motor
    Hobbystar 120a esc
    Hot racing 17mm hex
    17mm badlands
    Proline body mounts
    Strc aluminum motor mount
    Ace servo if it works
    New body
    Not sure what else i ordered. Some of the stuff i already had , esc, servo, and small things.
    I like monster trucks

Items have started to arrive. In the meantime, here are the driveshafts. Gave them a good 48hr soaking, sanded and wire brushed them, they turned out okay I suppose. I'm letting the bearings go a little longer. Next I will be cleaning plastics and soldering 6mm bullet connectors on the motor.

I like monster trucks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Blue rims. I dig it.

More stuff came in. Right now everything is dissassembled and cleaned. Over all I'm pretty happy how everything is coming. Im hoping it will last. Here is what came in, still awaiting parts..
    I like monster trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Blue rims. I dig it.

Going cotton candy theme lol
    I like monster trucks

Put the front end together. Well, most of it lol. Found so.e bad bearings as u can I replaced every bearing with avids and bocas. Only the small ones I had to reuse. 60,000 AE diff fluid as well. Found it has niti shock shafts, some hidden gems on this roller I bought. Plis side, this thing is so easy to work on I had it torn down in 15mins lol.

I like monster trucks

Here is where Im at waiting on 3 more parts.
    I like monster trucks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Thatís the best part about the big bore shocks. They came like that. Looks like youíre just about ready for fun. I think youíll find those springs way too soft. Well I did with 60wt oil and 17mm 2.8 MT Badlands.
    You may want to look into the XO-1 differential kit. They have in internal IBar that keeps everything where itís supposed to be. I think Iím running 300k fluid.

How well needed is the ibar? It is pretty soft , I have truggy shocks but they are way to long. So not sure what ill be adding there. Here is how she sits, a mock up. I honestly love this thing, its so easy to work with.
    I like monster trucks

RC Racer
    Cool, has come a long way and looks good. I have a Stampede that is currently getting some upgrades. Building a 2wd Slash from the chassis up and it has been fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstaks View Post
    How well needed is the ibar? It is pretty soft , I have truggy shocks but they are way to long. So not sure what ill be adding there. Here is how she sits, a mock up. I honestly love this thing, its so easy to work with.
    I did it because itís cheap insurance, I prefer to overbuild. Iíve worn ring and pinion gears on 3 and 4S. Iíd say, off the bat not necessary at all.

I did it because it’s cheap insurance, I prefer to overbuild. I’ve worn ring and pinion gears on 3 and 4S. I’d say, off the bat not necessary at all.
    Ill keep an eye on the ring and diff. Ill probably do that down the road. I should be adding electronics today and the motor mount. Right now its just a pretty roller.
    I like monster trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualungs View Post
    Cool, has come a long way and looks good. I have a Stampede that is currently getting some upgrades. Building a 2wd Slash from the chassis up and it has been fun.

Thanks, is it a monster slash ?
    I like monster trucks

RC Racer
    Thanks, is it a monster slash ?
    I definitely struggled with this and so far itís a regular slash. I needed something for street since my stampede is mainly geared now for Offroad do the Masher tires.
    It was hard to stay on course no pun intended! Sometimes I just want to drive on the pavement. But I really wanted to make it a monster especiallyafter seeing the size this regular slash to ires LOL.

Go for it. You can always street run it . Unless your doing speed runs I would go monster, and run a big motor lol
    I like monster trucks

RC Racer
    Go for it. You can always street run it . Unless your doing speed runs I would go monster, and run a big motor lol
    I had that epiphany after the tires arrived. So I figure after I burn out these tires Iíll probably go monster. I actually had the idea that I can always flip flop tires between my stampede if I went monster.
    Iím not really a speed demon. I like speed and bashing. Thanks for pushing me over the ledge lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualungs View Post
    I had that epiphany after the tires arrived. So I figure after I burn out these tires I’ll probably go monster. I actually had the idea that I can always flip flop tires between my stampede if I went monster.
    I’m not really a speed demon. I like speed and bashing. Thanks for pushing me over the ledge lol.

No problem, glad I could assist lol. Look forward to seeing it
    I like monster trucks

Motor (was) in, no issues except my bullet connectors keep breaking off. Third time and its from the motor side. Honestly getting annoyed lol. I left them for tonight

I like monster trucks

Ill be resoldering and mounting electronics today. One thing I have noticed is the slash 4x4 forum is way more active .. lol
    I like monster trucks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ill be resoldering and mounting electronics today. One thing I have noticed is the slash 4x4 forum is way more active .. lol
    Yes it is, although I have no clue why.

Bummer. Anyways I found an issue, shocks.... I have preloaded to the max and I am sagging and bottoming out. Not sure if Ill try a different weight or try these truggy shocks but I know already they are way to long. In a situation...
    My setup
    Hobbystar 120a
    Mod 1 gearing 15/38
    4 pole 3665 2400kv motor
    Ace ds1015
    3s for now, scared to try 4s even though I have one.

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-08-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    I like monster trucks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Bummer. Anyways I found an issue, shocks.... I have preloaded to the max and I am sagging and bottoming out . Not sure if Ill try a different weight or try these truggy shocks but I know already they are way to long. In a situation...
    My setup
    Hobbystar 120a
    Mod 1 gearing 15/38
    4 pole 3665 2400kv motor
    Ace ds1015
    3s for now, scared to try 4s even though I have one.

Yeah I’ve got big bores. The stock springs are trash. I run red and black Integy springs on mine. Still have chassis slap from around 1ft or more. The P4de is strictly my basher. So I don’t worry about it. It does not sag with my setup. 2400kv 3660 can and HW SC8-WP(120 amp). GTR shocks would be good on this truck. I run on 3S and 4S.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-08-2018 at 08:11 PM. Reason: modified quote

Yeah I’ve got big bores. The stock springs are trash. I run red and black Integy springs on mine. Still have chassis slap from around 1ft or more. The P4de is strictly my basher. So I don’t worry about it. It does not sag with my setup. 2400kv 3660 can and HW SC8-WP(120 amp). GTR shocks would be good on this truck. I run on 3S and 4S.
    You got pictures. Curious to see your layout and shocks. We have the same setup with little difference. What shock weight u run
    I like monster trucks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You got pictures. Curious to see your layout and shocks. We have the same setup with little difference. What shock weight u run
    I transferred them. Iíll try and link my thread.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

One of my favorite trucks, I read that while waiting on my roller. Didnt realize it was yours .
    I like monster trucks

She is complete, 3s is a wheelie monster and I cant imagine 4s.
    I like monster trucks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

One of my favorite trucks, I read that while waiting on my roller. Didnt realize it was yours .
    Thanks man. It was a fun build. Theyíre so easy, and so tough. Your ride is looking great. Curious how the standard Badlands do. Other than shattering axles doing standing back flips, or pulling rod ends out doing cartwheels, itís been bullet proof.
    Just saw on prolines website. They have the Brute body for the P4de. Iíll be getting that for sure.
    Last edited by Gripdog7205; 11-07-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Pretty sweet body. I found some shocks for the front i had laying around. Much better but we will see. Have an idea for the back, I will try tomorrow. Thunder tiger st-1 shocks

I like monster trucks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Pretty sweet body. I found some shocks for the front i had laying around. Much better but we will see. Have an idea for the back, I will try tomorrow. Thunder tiger st-1 shocks

Iím watching some GTRís on eBay. If they donít pan out 60 bills for is okay with me. I have springs for them already from previous build.

Ill have to look into it, the traxxas shocks were so much smoother but that travel isnt there , in the front atleast. I like alot of travel.
    I like monster trucks

I run GTRs on my pede and monster slash. Love em! I got a vg racing variety set of springs to put on them and they take all the weight of my 8th scale electronics and the crazy jumps I put them through.

Nice build!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I pulled the trigger on a set of lightly used GTRís last night. Since I run them Iím my Rustler, I have rebuild kits and springs for them already, it was a no brainer. Iíll post some videos of the difference next week.

Well it was fun while it lasted had a hex fall of and lost it . Now I think I want to trade it for a 2wd pede, just because I saw one yesterday witht the stretched chassis. Looked sweet. But idk
    I like monster trucks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well it was fun while it lasted had a hex fall of and lost it . Now I think I want to trade it for a 2wd pede, just because I saw one yesterday witht the stretched chassis. Looked sweet. But idk
    Ughhh. Terrible idea. Just go with 17mm HR conversion, and Proline 17mm wheels. Mine kept loosening up, stripped Wheels etc., after conversion, NO issues.

I have the HR 17mm hex. My problem is the strc 12mm wont clamp tight enough on the mip axle shaft so i run into problems. Everythi g was lock tighted too
    I like monster trucks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast