RC Qualifier

A few Spartan questions ( Help Please )

So I just ordered a 2nd hand Spartan that is new and never ran , been in the Rc game for years mostly always using land vehicles and a few in the sky. I had purchased a small but fast Atomik barbwire 2 boat around 1yr ago and really had allot of fun with it. So when I had seen a nice deal on a Spartan I grabbed it. I am wondering a few things : Do the Spartan's have self righting to flip back over when throttle is applied like my current boat ? Will a single 6s lipo be ok to run in it or will it throw the balance off ? I have a bunch of 6s lipos around and did not want to have to purchase 3s batteries. Any help , tips or info would be great and thank you all

RC Qualifier
    No the Spartan does not have selfrighting.Yes you can run one 6s, just connect the type of plug +/- to the esc that your batteries run on but make sure you add the second battery to keep it balanced.
    It will add a lot more weight which will effect speed and handling but is worth the try. I'm installing two 2s batteries on each side of my M41 with a water cooling bladder between each set to help with heat from the batteries.
    I'm in the same position where I have 8 5000mah 2s batteries and want a longer run time without purchasing a higher mah battery and it is a lot heavier but I haven't had time to run it yet.
    You never know until you try.

RC Qualifier
    Ty for the info. That kind of stinks , guess I may have to keep my other boat now as a rescue boat. Also I would not want to run another battery not connected so I may as well get some lower mah 6s and 4s to run together at once. What mah size do people usually run in these ?

RC Qualifier
    With the 5000 mah 2-2s's (4s total) I get about 8-10 min. at mostly full speed and another 8 or so min. at 50% power. So with stock setup my max is (34mph) on 2-2s batt's or (50+) on 2-3s batt's.
    I make sure I don't use batteries with under a 50c rating because of puffing issues in the past (not saying you can't use a lower c rating I just choose not to).
    I set my cutoff voltage at 14.4 (4s) with the telemetry so I don't end up over discharging and have lots to get back to shore.
    So I would say nothing under 5000 mah min. 50c.
    I hope this helps.

RC Enthusiast
    My opinion is 8400mah 3s 25c traxxas batteries.... Runtime over 16min....littlebit heavy but....

Lähetetty minun COL-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

RC Qualifier
    Speeder what in is going on in this pic ? Do you run your batteries outside of the boat like that ? Is that a charger up front? I don't quite get it . What I am most likely going to do is run 2 6s lipos inside and wire the esc to handle it since most of my Rc land vehicles run on 6s I can use them for both.
    Last edited by Double G; 11-05-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justpassedu View Post
    Speeder what in G-d's name is going on in this pic ? Do you run your batteries outside of the boat like that ? Is that a charger up front? I don't quite get it . What I am most likely going to do is run 2 6s lipos inside and wire the esc to handle it since most of my Rc land vehicles run on 6s I can use them for both.
    (LOL) I think that's the way he transports it.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Enthusiast
    No.... Just getting out double batteries.... One set inside already

Lähetetty minun COL-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I like your canopy fasteners. That's a terrific idea. I did mine this way.

I might have to give your way a try when I replace my hull with a custom painted one.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.