Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5

    Tmaxx stretched, converted to electric, and slayer pro body installed.

    Hey all, one of my winter projects this year was to convert a tired tmaxx big block to electric. After doing some research I found the lst diff mod, which led to the idea of using a whole lst powertrain which led to... which led to... which led to... This is what I ended up with, mostly inspired by other customs I found posted online and commercially available aftermarket chassis.

    It's stretched about 2.5" from it's original length, and runs a 3xle motor, center diff, and center shafts (one shortened so that both shafts are the same length). I then modded the lst diffs to turn the existing traxxass drive cups and retained the metal drive shafts from the dynamite big block kit someone else had installed at some point.

    It's been a fun project, and it's nearing completion, all that's left is to mount a steering servo, speed control, and reciever then see how she runs.

    I plan to run it on 5s packs I already had here, and the overall gearing is about 1.10 that which is on the 3xle which is 6s ready stock so I'm optimistic it will run cool.

    I seem to be having trouble posting images? Would that be because I'm a new member? For now here's a link.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/165923.../shares/Xm8Lz6

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,309
    Cool project. Nice work

  3. #3
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5
    Thnx, just thought it was worth posting so that it might give someone else ideas as many others on this forum have posted things that inspired me.

    Just test drove it... beyond me how anyone can use more than 4-5s packs in trucks. This thing is way longer than most monster trucks and I still cant get it up to full speed because I can't keep the frond end on the ground. It's snakey .


    *Traxxas has a strict language policy and it includes acronyms.*
    Last edited by Double G; 11-08-2018 at 08:13 AM.

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels78 View Post
    Thnx, just thought it was worth posting so that it might give someone else ideas as many others on this forum have posted things that inspired me.

    Just test drove it... beyond me how anyone can use more than 4-5s packs in trucks. This thing is way longer than most monster trucks and I still cant get it up to full speed because I can't keep the frond end on the ground. It's snakey .


    *Traxxas has a strict language policy and it includes acronyms.*
    I drive my P4de on 4S a lot. It is too much. But hey, why not

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    251
    That truck looks killer! Awesome job!

  6. #6
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I drive my P4de on 4S a lot. It is too much. But hey, why not
    You must've dropped a few bucks on hardening the drive line in your stampede... my brother and I have one each and both run 2s, both units twisted off the back cvds in short order. I will say though, aside from refilling shocks when the caps occasionally pop off, and putting mip half shafts in the back they've been remarkably reliable trucks. Only needing cleaning and bearings here and there.

    More reliablee than my new creation lol which is already back on the bench waiting for upgraded shock towers and hexes.

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    251
    More reliablee than my new creation lol which is already back on the bench waiting for upgraded shock towers and hexes.
    Yeah, these Maxx trucks are infamous for broken shock towers, bulkheads, and skid plates as I'm sure you're well aware. I really need some upgrades for my own T-maxx. Jumped it today, and the back part of the rear skid plate busted off. The rest of it's in tact so the truck is still running fine, but I do want to get aluminum once I have the money to put into this thing.

  8. #8
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_N3RD View Post
    Yeah, these Maxx trucks are infamous for broken shock towers, bulkheads, and skid plates as I'm sure you're well aware. I really need some upgrades for my own T-maxx. Jumped it today, and the back part of the rear skid plate busted off. The rest of it's in tact so the truck is still running fine, but I do want to get aluminum once I have the money to put into this thing.
    Actually this is my first t-maxx project, i did do a lot of forum creeping when I was making my plans though. The fact that this truck already had aluminim skids/bulks and steel cvds was a big part of what made it seem like a worthwhile project. I figured the shocks were pretty cool too although I've since learned that the integy piggybacks have a pretty poor reputation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •