RC Racer

E-Revo 2.0 training mode issues

Hello,

I bought a revo 2.0 and a bluetooth device for tqi transmitter. When connected to my phone, I have the possibility to set the max throttle in training mode. I set it to 30% for example, but then the brakes are also to 30% which is strange and could not even stop. Am I doing something wrong there?
    When is on 100% the brakes are as they should.

Thanks,
    Radu

RC Qualifier
    Try letting off the gas and pressing the brake once quickly and let go, and then hold the brake again.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Racer
    But this is not how it should react. When change the training mode from esc it runs perfect. Only from traxxas link have a different behaviour.

RC Qualifier
    Call Traxxas and see what they say
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Competitor
    Radugns:
    I know that this is an old thread, but where did you end up with this? I'm having the same issue, but with my Rustler 4x4 (not eRevo2). The Training Mode built into the ESC seems to work fine, but as you pointed out, when using the training mode that is part of the Link App, it limits braking ability along with throttle application. While this might be what Traxxas intended, it seems unsafe in actual use when dialing down to the 30% range.

Interested in what you ended up doing. Thanks --BillJ

RC Competitor
    So, I know that I kind of brought this thread back from the dead, but does no one else use the Traxxas App to try and create a truly Low Power Training Mode? I figured that someone must have been in this boat besides Radugns and I. The knocking down the power works.... but it also makes the brakes useless, and being able to STOP is more important than being able to GO... ya know?

Interested if anyone has been able to create a Training Mode that knocks down the power to ~30%, and yet still gives full brakes.

Anyone?
    Bueller?

;-) Thanks --BillJ

RC Competitor
    So... simply for folks that might have this concern in the future, I also pointed this query in the Traxxas Link App forum also. It's not getting much more traction than it is in this forum, but that one seems to make more sense. Since I had linked to this forum in that one, I figured that I'd complete the cross-posting job by linking to that one, here: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ed-to-be-lousy
    Clear as mud? :-)

Hopefully Traxxas will take notice, and update the behavior of the app to separate the amount of brakes from the amount of throttle in the Training Mode of the Traxxas Link App, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    --BillJ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Single_Trac View Post
    So... simply for folks that might have this concern in the future, I also pointed this query in the Traxxas Link App forum also. It's not getting much more traction than it is in this forum, but that one seems to make more sense. Since I had linked to this forum in that one, I figured that I'd complete the cross-posting job by linking to that one, here: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ed-to-be-lousy
    Clear as mud? :-)

Hopefully Traxxas will take notice, and update the behavior of the app to separate the amount of brakes from the amount of throttle in the Training Mode of the Traxxas Link App, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    --BillJ
    Single Trac did you call Traxxas? They are pretty good at diagnosing issues with their products.

Or is the answer that when you limit the throttle you limit the brake?

RC Competitor
    Revo-Kn-Evil:
    I have yet to call the Support Line @ Traxxas SPECIFICALLY about the lack of braking ability with the Traxxas Link App Training Mode. I called about the ESC on my Rustler 4x4, and *mentioned* the issue, but it was not the point of my support call.

Maybe I'll get around to it next week.

The issue with my boy grousing about having the 'slower car' has been addressed by getting his brushed car a 2S LiPo, and only running my brushless car on 3S in (hardware - ESC) training mode (NOT via the Traxxas Link App), or running it on the NiMH batteries. That said, being able to turn the power down to 30% would be *really* useful when handing the car off to his 9 year old pals, but at this point it's off the table, cuz I want the car to STOP when the kids actually remember that the car has brakes.

Has anyone *else* but me and Radugns (and maybe Revo-Kn-Evil) experienced this concern? Anyone actually call Traxxas about it?

IMHO, Traxxas is missing the boat here! Imagine them having every App-equppped traxxas vehicle be a potential 'Demo Vehicle' for future customers. If the App-based Training mode allowed me to turn the power down to30%, while keeping useful braking, I'd be inclined to hand the transmitter to most anyone short of those that had a seeing-eye-dog with them. What better way to woo new customers than with them being able to make use of a "demo-fleet" that is owned by your customers? At almost zero cost to Traxxas! But, as it is, the hardware ESC-based Training mode only slows the 3S Rustler VXL down from STUPID Fast to just "Fast"... faster than I really want to be handing over to folks that I don't know/trust.

But hey, what do I know? Maybe this is a Technical Problem that is simply NOT solvable with current hardware, but we won't know till the technical team at Traxxas actually look at the issue. (My money is on the engineers tho... I bet they can find a way)

Waddya'll think? Does Traxxas actually ever READ these forums? Based on my experience over the past month or so, I'm not gonna bet the mortgage on it...

--BillJ