Thread: Are these new?

Are these new?

I had read that the hot racing gtr shock ends weren't the greatest. I stumbled across these and they were being marketed as specific to the revo family. Are these the ones that everyone has mixed reviews on, or do they appear to be new or improved?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Why did people hate them?

From what I read the little o-rings popped out that hold the pivot balls in place. Other people said the only reason they would pop out is because they weren't installed correctly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    lol. You’ve been using them? Any good? Might invest.

RC Competitor
    I have those and you hit the nail on the head. The little o-ring pops out when they are not installed correctly. With that in mind they are a pain to install but in the end are actually pretty nice. The problem I had with the stock ones was the plastic end was actually elongating and wearing out around the ball causing a little bit of play between the ball and socket. Once installed that little o-ring hasn't moved and they seem to be a pretty good product. Not enough runs on it yet to tell how well they wear down, but its easy to believe it will be much longer than the stock ones. So far I'm happy with them.