RC poster

Slash 4x4 cc3800kv mmx esc upgrade help

Hello all.. Long time listener first time caller. I have a simple question about my cc 1410 3800kv in my slash 4x4. Cc sidewinder 2/s 3/s that sometimes gets to 140f to 150f decided to upgrade to mamba monster x. I run this truck on 2s 14/52 or 13/52 grass. For 2s it's a rocket but eventually will go to 2400/2650 3s 4s.

So question is about the 3800cv castle should I unsolder the connections to motor to add 10 gage leads to mmx or add 6.5mm bullets to original leads leaving the original soldier in tact? Not sure if the less resistance is worth the work/heat on motor to unsolder?

Thank you for reading my wall of text.

RC Champion
    With the wires as short as they are I donít think youíll see any benefit to adding larger gauge wire or shortening them for that matter.

Just add the 6.5mm bullets on the existing wires to the MMX and have fun till you get the 2650kV!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    Thanks guys that's the direction I was leaning. I bough this slash. used and that's the motor/esc it came with... least it had a set of mip xduty with it. Live and learn.

RC poster
    Follow up question on calibration of mmx. I have it all installed and runs great on sensorless with a to c and c to a. Problem I'm having is with sensored when I calibrate full throttle displays red no matter what I try motor runs foward at reduced power. Running out of ideas.. in reverse it runs like a scalded dog.

Quote Originally Posted by BuggyBashSlash View Post
    Follow up question on calibration of mmx. I have it all installed and runs great on sensorless with a to c and c to a. Problem I'm having is with sensored when I calibrate full throttle displays red no matter what I try motor runs foward at reduced power. Running out of ideas.. in reverse it runs like a scalded dog.
    If I understand correctly your referring to the A,B,C letters on the esc?
    When running a sensor-less motor they only change motor direction, however with a sensored motor they must be in the proper ABC orientation with the motor and your motor direction changed within the esc itself.
    Again if I'm understanding correctly.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 11-18-2018 at 06:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    Yes correct. A to a b to b c to c. When I calibrate the esc on start I push full throttle the red light on mmx displays. Green displays on reverse it runs at about 80% power foward 100% reverse.

The only solution I could work out was to reverse motor direction in castle link then reverse the controller. It works correctly now green on calibrate and 100% forward power. It's just odd.