RC Enthusiast

Has anyone damaged the power cables to battery while installing/removing?

I first brought my car with 2 x 3S Lipo batteries used for a few cycles and one of them wouldnít charge on the charger and siren kicked off.

Checked the cells and they was all fine.

Purchased another 2 x 3S lipos and returned the broken one, the guy at the shop tested the power cable and said he can see there is a break in the power cable.

Iíve gone to charge my 3 batteries I have left and two of them are not charging and siren kicking off.

I recently converted to LCG chassis and the battery clip does require moving the power cables to the side but not enough I would of thought it would break 3 batteries! Each battery would be lucky to have reach more then 4 cycles, one of them had been used once.

Iíve now installed the battery extension pack so I go no where near the cable but has anyone else had issues like this?

I canít imagine the shop returning the other two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykurb View Post
    I first brought my car with 2 x 3S Lipo batteries used for a few cycles and one of them wouldnít charge on the charger and siren kicked off.

Checked the cells and they was all fine.

Purchased another 2 x 3S lipos and returned the broken one, the guy at the shop tested the power cable and said he can see there is a break in the power cable.

Iíve gone to charge my 3 batteries I have left and two of them are not charging and siren kicking off.

I recently converted to LCG chassis and the battery clip does require moving the power cables to the side but not enough I would of thought it would break 3 batteries! Each battery would be lucky to have reach more then 4 cycles, one of them had been used once.

Iíve now installed the battery extension pack so I go no where near the cable but has anyone else had issues like this?

I canít imagine the shop returning the other two.

I thread the cables through the two spokes at the end of the battery hold down. It goes up instead of out. I havenít had any problems like that.

RC Enthusiast
    I think Iím safe now with the battery extension pack but I still donít know what to do with the other two broken batteries.

Iíve tried to test them with multimeter but it seems the slightest movement and it goes to zero, I donít know if itís the break in the cable or where the multi meter was not touching it for a second.

If the shop has swapped one battery would they swap the others? I guess itís starting to look like itís me, but I just canít see how. I know you canít just bend the wires about etc because they would break and they are too new for it to wear.

Iíve seen repair videos online, are these risk AF?

RC Competitor
    I'm constanly have problems with the balance wire going bad. If were talking about the something. They last for about 2 months. Then it won't charge unless you move the battery around. If you find the perfect spot, it will start charging. I've returned many back for warranty. I told Traxxas the problem, but with no success to fix it. So I just keep returning the batteries. I bought four batteries, so I can return one or two at a time.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok, so now all 4 batteries are broke. I charged the last surviving battery last night with no problems.

Took the car out today, ran for 2 mins and the ESC just shut off, no light. Then I noticed the deans connector on the battery has melted to the Traxxas adapter. Solder has come out of the connection.

I accept Iím an unlucky guy but this is crazy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    what brand are they? i have my wires all over the place, and there are 0 issues.... I also yank on my wires, and do naughty things..... still no problems.

I'm with Jimbo....never had an issue. What batteries,what charger, why are we using an adapter and pics of the batt installed in the truck may help us help you.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Qualifier
    I just broke my first battery lead only because its always hanging out the right side of my revo, it finally 6 months later grabbed a rock and tore it. but i soldered it back together and have no issues.

RC Enthusiast
    Went to the local RC shop and we worked out ALL the deans connections on every battery were heating up and shorting out. Changed all the deans connections for Traxxas ends and itís all back to normal! The car seems like when I first got it. Because I was so happy that I havenít broke 4 batteries, I brought the slash a new servo.

But the drama must continue, I managed to land on something and broke the stock A-Arm (Luckily have a set of RPMs on standby) which pulled the shock apart and lost the diaphragm.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here is a pic of my wires all over the place

And I hate rpm a arms. I have bent so many sets. They can't support my truck.

RC Enthusiast
    Ah and there was me thinking they would last longer. I guess il have to wait till they break and replace with something else.

What A arms are you using? The stock ones seem so brittle.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykurb View Post
    Ah and there was me thinking they would last longer. I guess il have to wait till they break and replace with something else.

What A arms are you using? The stock ones seem so brittle.

If you put your rig on some type of stand when your not running it the RPM arms will do fine; when it comes to hard impacts they take more then the stock arms will.
    The stock or Pro-Line arms are stiffer (nothing wrong with stock arm's imho) but I've had a set of RPM's on one of my 2wd's and a 4wd for years and their still like new.
    The 2wd is an all aluminum FLM build while the 4wd runs a Castle 2650 MM2 setup; both much heavier then stock.
    Now I'll admit if I was to never set them on stands when not in use the RPM arm's may very well have bent or started sagging; take care of them and they'll take care of you.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My slash is far too heavy for rpm arms. They also contributed to horrible handling and excessive wheelspin due to the flex while running. Never again. If you like them fine. I have broken rpm and oem, oem are better. Don't plow into things and you wont have a problem. My slash is a lot heavier than most, by about 30%.

As for the wires, sometimes I pick up the whole car by the wires, still haven't broken a wire. Smc 4s 90c battery and superworm wires on the esc/motor.