RC poster

Thumbs up What motor to get for my rustler

I have a rustler and I知 looking into getting a new castle creations motor and esc combo, I currently have the 31T pinion and 76T spur, I知 looking to get around 80-90mph range but still have fun on grass/dirt/tracks . I知 going to buy the traxxas 3s 5000mah and 2s lipos. If anyone can direnct me to the perfect cc motor for what I知 looking for I would appreciate it 👍🏼

RC poster
    Bump someone reply with an answer

RC Qualifier
    Your are asking for a tall order man. To get to 80-90 mph on 3s would take some really tall gearing and high KV motor or sone very tall gearing. You are getting into the 4-6s battery range at this point. And also you aren稚 going to want to use this as a bashing setup as it takes a lot more then most realize to get to these speeds consistently. JMHO, I would get the CC 2400kv setup and run 3s and keep it in the 40-50mph range and be happy with that until you can step up to larger batteries and taller gearing. Which may take some mods to do so. JMHO痴.

You are wanting two different trucks here. A basher that can causally make it to 80 mph just does not exist, and certainly not with a 2S pack.

If you search around you値l find that anyone who took their Rustler north of 50mph made a specific effort to do so, changing every aspect of the truck for speed and removed any bashing capability out of the truck.

Tires: Passed 40mph or so they will start to balloon, and will require to be changed (XO1 tires), or modified (taped). Balancing is a must no matter which you choose. But, these certainly are not tires you bash on.

Battery: No matter what, 2S just will not have the voltage to get you anywhere near 50 mph.

Motor: Going fast is counterintuitive, to reach the high speeds you need a slower motor, one with lots of torque.

Gearing: To get the speeds you want you値l have to get near 1:1 gearing (spur and pinion). This is not the gearing you bash on, your motor will go nuclear in short order.

Suspension: To go fast you need you suspension to be stiff and low, opposite of what you want for bashing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Asking an impossible question, demanding a response, and obviously not reading other threads, is why you池e not getting many responses