Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 81
  1. #41
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    Anyone have the part number?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  2. #42
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,892
    some esc and motors dont work well with out the sensor wire plugged in. i would use the wire.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

  3. #43
    RC Qualifier tmbold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkatoytaco View Post
    Anyone have the part number?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Have you contacted the seller that motor should have came with it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #44
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    It did come with it I found out and attached it

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  5. #45
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    Tmbold, did you install the sway bar kit from HR?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  6. #46
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    Electronics are in. Want to shorten the motor wires, anyone have any ideas? My solder doesn't wanna do it. It's a thick wire

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  7. #47
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkatoytaco View Post
    Electronics are in. Want to shorten the motor wires, anyone have any ideas? My solder doesn't wanna do it. It's a thick wire

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Do you have flux paste? Iíd say 40 watts plus should do fine.

  8. #48
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    Yes I have the paste and was trying that but still took like 20 min for my gun to heat it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Do you have flux paste? Iíd say 40 watts plus should do fine.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  9. #49
    RC Qualifier tmbold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkatoytaco View Post
    Tmbold, did you install the sway bar kit from HR?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Yes I did.

  10. #50
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    Do you have any pictures you can send. Or have instructions? Mine didn't come with any
    Quote Originally Posted by tmbold View Post
    Yes I did.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  11. #51
    RC Qualifier tmbold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    350

    The zip ties are unrelated to the sway bars Iím doing a speed run tomorrow, they help limit suspension travel


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #52
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    Thank you sir. That helps a lot. Any one ever use this? Mainly for keeping the big stuff out? It's mesh so I'm sure it traps a little heat but I'm also running fans on both ESC and motor... Just looking for any input if it's worth it or not.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  13. #53
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,028
    I have a similar cover. Canít remember where I got it, maybe dusty cover. At any rate, you will feel a little more heat due to the cover, but if youíre bashing in a grassy and leafy place, youíll be happy you have it on!! They do work well when installed the correct way. Keeps a lot of dirt and debris out of my HCG slash 4x4. Well worth the investment if you run in wet, muddy, grassy, and so on conditions. Just keep an eye on your temps and youíll be just fine. Also for speed runs, try moving the shocks to the inner most hole on the top shock tower, and all the way out on the lower arm connection. It helps a lot when doing speed runs. You want the truck to be pretty tight and low to the ground. Not trying to tell you what to do, just some food for thought. Have fun and enjoy that thing!!!

  14. #54
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    No I appreciate it. Thank you for the input.
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    I have a similar cover. Canít remember where I got it, maybe dusty cover. At any rate, you will feel a little more heat due to the cover, but if youíre bashing in a grassy and leafy place, youíll be happy you have it on!! They do work well when installed the correct way. Keeps a lot of dirt and debris out of my HCG slash 4x4. Well worth the investment if you run in wet, muddy, grassy, and so on conditions. Just keep an eye on your temps and youíll be just fine. Also for speed runs, try moving the shocks to the inner most hole on the top shock tower, and all the way out on the lower arm connection. It helps a lot when doing speed runs. You want the truck to be pretty tight and low to the ground. Not trying to tell you what to do, just some food for thought. Have fun and enjoy that thing!!!
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  15. #55
    RC Qualifier tmbold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Also for speed runs, try moving the shocks to the inner most hole on the top shock tower, and all the way out on the lower arm connection. It helps a lot when doing speed runs. You want the truck to be pretty tight and low to the ground. Not trying to tell you what to do, just some food for thought. Have fun and enjoy that thing!!!
    Thatís exactly what I use the zip ties for, easier than adjusting the shocks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #56
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    Electronics are in and I shortened the motor connections. Little cleaner

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  17. #57
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    Front and rear sway bars installed. Thank you Tmbold for the pics, the helped

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  18. #58
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    Finished product. I purchased that blue chassis stabilizer bar, supposed to stiffen chassis and eliminate chassis flex. Not sure if it's going to be better or not......

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  19. #59
    RC Qualifier tmbold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    350
    Well, it looks great but when are you going to run it? I have a ? Is that a rpm on/off switch cover


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #60
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    I'll be running soon. I have to get a battery Velcro strap and rig that and my motor and receiver set up and I'll be good to go. And yes it's an RPM ESC tray with a switch cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmbold View Post
    Well, it looks great but when are you going to run it? I have a ? Is that a rpm on/off switch cover


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  21. #61
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    So hooked everything up, binded my receiver and radio which I'm assuming worked because I have steering ability but..... Not getting any throttle. Anyone have any ideas?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  22. #62
    RC Champion FnFancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Los Al California
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkatoytaco View Post
    So hooked everything up, binded my receiver and radio which I'm assuming worked because I have steering ability but..... Not getting any throttle. Anyone have any ideas?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Make sure your esc is plugged into channel 2 and that its plugged in the right way, you can plug it in backwards and get steering but no throttle (ask me how I know this, ha!). Then once that's all confirmed (maybe a picture of your reciever with everything hooked up) calibrate your esc to your transmitter. Steps for this are in the castle drivers ed guide.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

  23. #63
    RC Qualifier IanRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Boston South Shore
    Posts
    449
    I know that chassis brace helped my slash, atleast from a durability standpoint, a lot. Cool they make them for the rustler already.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

  24. #64
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    402
    kk i am doing something similar. I will get the vxl version buy an offbrand 6s capable esc castle 4600 kv motor probably get new driveshafts and run on 3s dual 2s and dual 3s
    Well it looks great, how does it perform, and what voltage are you on? I personally dont like running on less than 3s. I have a slash 4x4 vxl and it is crappy on 2s
    I am glad to see you are running deans connectors. They are what basically all batteries have, and they are very compact compared to traxxas connectors and timaya and 4mm banana connectors
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-20-2018 at 09:54 PM.

  25. #65
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke s View Post
    Well it looks great, how does it perform, and what voltage are you on? I personally dont like running on less than 3s. I have a slash 4x4 vxl and it is crappy on 2s
    Runs great, a lot of low end torque. I'm running 3s right now. May look into 4s for speed. But 3s is awesome for bashing.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke s View Post
    I am glad to see you are running deans connectors. They are what basically all batteries have, and they are very compact compared to traxxas connectors and timaya and 4mm banana connectors
    Yeah I have always ran deans. Prefer them and like them.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-20-2018 at 09:54 PM.

  26. #66
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    402
    Can you please send me a link to the motor?

  27. #67
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,529
    Iím not sure I like that motor wire soldering job. Looks like cold glops of solder on top of the wires. But I could be wrong.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

  28. #68
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/cse010-0160-01.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke s View Post
    Can you please send me a link to the motor?

  29. #69
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    123
    Oh my! Nice build

  30. #70
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    So it has been a bit since an update, hope everyone had a good Christmas and has a good new year. I got a chance to do a speed run the other day although I don't have video yet of it. so I'm running 18T pinion and 54 Spur all metal and I got a speed of 41 MPH for anyone looking into that. It has crazy torque though and gets to 41 extremely fast. I have a 20T pinion I want to try out and see how many more MPH I can get. I'm not trying to build a drag car and join the 100mph club but I wouldn't mind hitting 60 and not loosing to much torque.

  31. #71
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    332
    Sick rig!

    I have a slash 4x4 so weight is a little diff, and I am running a senseless 2400kv with a 50 spur and a 21 pinion, still can pop the front up. I do have more heat coming from the motor, but my rig is way heavier.
    End result is, PERSONALLY, I would get a 50t and 20t tbh.

    -gdude

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  32. #72
    RC Qualifier tmbold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    350
    I agree, get a 50t spur. Trust me that motor will never run out of torque, ever!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #73
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    Thanks guys I will check that out, hopefully Robinson racing sells a 50t spur.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  34. #74
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkatoytaco View Post
    Castle Creations Mamba X motor (2400kv 5mm shaft)
    Castle blower fan
    Castle Creations Mamba X ESC
    did you have to do any sanding to get the motor to fit? also was there any fitment issues with the pinion and/or spur?

  35. #75
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by ggonsoulin View Post
    did you have to do any sanding to get the motor to fit? also was there any fitment issues with the pinion and/or spur?
    Nope everything went right in with ease

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  36. #76
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    24
    thanks for the quick reply
    @tonkatoytaco

  37. #77
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,028
    Also you just need the regular plastic 50t spur gear and get the Robinson racing hardened steel pinions. The plastic spur gears will handle up to 6s no problem. You want some give, as if something f hangs up and itís all metal itís just going to tear more stuff up. JMHO.

  38. #78
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Also you just need the regular plastic 50t spur gear and get the Robinson racing hardened steel pinions. The plastic spur gears will handle up to 6s no problem. You want some give, as if something f hangs up and it’s all metal it’s just going to tear more stuff up. JMHO.
    Thanks. I have the 50t spur ordered already. Everything comes in tomorrow, hopefully the install goes smooth.

  39. #79
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkatoytaco View Post
    Parts are ordered and waiting on shipment, here is what I have coming:

    Rustler 4X4 VXL Chassie roller (no electronics, shocks or tires)
    Thinking about doing something similar. OP how did you order the chassie roller? Is there a part number or did you go line by line through the part list and get what you needed?

    Very cool build would be neat to see some video of it.

  40. #80
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,654
    Found on eBay chop shop. Traxxas doesn’t sell kits except for the TRX.
    The Super Derecho

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •