RC Enthusiast

EVX-6s in Rustler 4x4 vxl?

I have an original 6s X-Maxx that I upgraded to 8s, and thus have the old 6s X-Maxx ESC and motor collecting dust. Would it damage the stock Rustler vxl motor if I installed the EVX-6s and ran say, 4s in it?

RC Champion
    Yes you can use the ESC. The motor will only pull what it needs. As far as 4s, that is a lot of voltage for the stock motor. If you plan on running that, only use it for speed runs and make one pass and let the motor cool. You may be way beyond the limit of the motor though. Not sure, but youíll be pushing it pretty darn hard. That would be close to 52k rpmís. 51,800 rpms to be exact with the stock 3500kv motor and 14.8vdc. On a fully charged 4s battery @ 16.8vdc that is 58,800 rpm. That is just too much for that motor IMO, and it will most likely come apart. You can try it, but I wouldnít recommend it. JMHO.

RC Enthusiast
    *vxl-6s
    That's what I wanted to know, thanks for the heads up! Any recommendations for a motor? The 6s X-Maxx motor won't fit in there, will it?
    Last edited by Tulo52; 11-27-2018 at 09:32 AM.

RC Champion
    No I donít think it will without some modifications. The 2400kv castle motor is a good one. It should fit just perfect on your rustler 4x4. Then you can run 4s if you like without worry.

RC Enthusiast
    So did the evx-6 bolt right up?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E-fanatic View Post
    So did the evx-6 bolt right up?
    Vxl 6s*
    Iím pretty sure those xmaxx style vxl 6s escís weíre acknowledged by Traxxas setting the disclaimer that they are a flawed esc. Maybe because itís working you can do a direct trade in for the newer and really stout UDR/ e revo style vxl 6s. Much better esc, and wonít burn your house down.

And hereís my problems for you

Motor cables will not plug into your vxl 6s or the new vxl 6s. Different bullet size. I recommend getting a hobbywing/ hobbystar/ripper motor around the 2000-2500kv range with 6.5mm bullet connectors.