RC Competitor

Question 1/16 e revo motor??

Hey everyone. I bought myself a 1/16 e revo rolling chassis for my Christmas present, and I have everything to put in it to make it running....I think.

Only question I have is the motor I have laying around, itís a 2838 4500kv motor. Is this motor too small? I know the vxl3m motor is 2848 4000kv, so the motor I have is a bit shorter. Any thoughts?

If the roller you bought is the brushless version that motor should work but might have abit less top end on it. But the stock brushless had more power than it needed imo.

The size of a motor is not always equivalent to it's power, but most of the time it is. I would look at the specs of the motor and see if it is powerful enough.
    Nobody is born with experience

The only time the can size does not directly relate to a brushless motors capabilities is when the company is a shady POS. They will put smaller motors in larger cans with larger heatsinks built into the body. You run into this practice when you try to buy the cheapest thing you find without doing any research before you start shopping.

This thread has some great info and videos about motors for more detail on the subject.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...light=misnomer
    Last edited by zedorda; 12-01-2018 at 11:13 AM.

RC Competitor
    Hey guys. Im back with an update. I got the parts I needed to install the 2838 4500kv motor in today, the kit came with standard pinion and the speed pinion. I put the standard pinion on the motor, got the mesh good, and hooked up my 5000mah 45c 2s lipo.

Wheelies on command. No effort at all, this motor is perfect. I have to get some hex adapters though, the roller only had 2 and i tried to use 2 I had for parts, but they are thicker than the stock hex adapters and bind the drive train up. Because of that right there, I only ran it for 2-3 mins. Motor wasnt hot nor was the esc, so thats good.

I need a battery thatll actually fit in the battery bays, will a gens ace 2s 2200mah be a good one? How about ******* 2s 2200mah? I appreciate your advice!

I bought these for my MERV and they been working great. These fit with space to spare for excess wire to be tucked in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RC Competitor
    I finally had the chance to put on the proper wheel hex hubs, got some from amazon. Everything works great on this
    mini e revo! That 2838 4500kv motor is powerful for this little rc car. I bought a 2200mah 2s lipo on amazon, canít say what brand but it starts with a T. I had to change the plug from xt60 to deans as all my stuff is deans.

Holy crap, itís quick. Itís easily as quick as my 1/10 monster truck with a 3000kv motor on 2s. And itíll wheelie for days!! This little e revo is so much fun, I was out running it for almost 30 mins and the battery still had more to give. Just wanted to thank you all for your advice and let you know my eBay find has been a good one! Thanks!!