Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bash Armor Body

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Bash Armor Body

Meet the twins, Danny Devito, and Arnold.
    Canít wait to bash the P4de with this body.

RC poster
    That looks sick. Painted white with stickers?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SethSPST View Post
    That looks sick. Painted white with stickers?
    Canít paint these bodies. Theyíre a different material. Stickers for the P4de arenít done. Close but not quite

Looks great!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks guys. To bad itís raining and Iím waiting on a servo

Until they start making stronger body mounts I can't get myself to use one of these. Rather buy cheap bodies and not destroy my body mounts.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Until they start making stronger body mounts I can't get myself to use one of these. Rather buy cheap bodies and not destroy my body mounts.
    Iíve never broken mounts, scrubbed them till theyíre almost gone, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I’ve never broken mounts, scrubbed them till they’re almost gone, yes.
    Then you are likely a better driver than I. Anything hitting that body will transfer nearly 100% of the impact directly to the body mounts or whatever the body hits. Since the body does little in the way of bending or crumpling. I have always thought of the body as the first thing I want to replace in any crash that would break something. With those bodies they are just about the last thing that will break. I bet you could use that body to beat the rest of the truck to bits.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Then you are likely a better driver than I. Anything hitting that body will transfer nearly 100% of the impact directly to the body mounts or whatever the body hits. Since the body does little in the way of bending or crumpling. I have always thought of the body as the first thing I want to replace in any crash that would break something. With those bodies they are just about the last thing that will break. I bet you could use that body to beat the rest of the truck to bits.
    The body is thicker, but is flexible to a degree. Time will tell. The bodies Iíd buy and paint would last a couple runs before they were trashed. Iíll report back when Iíve beaten the truck properly.

RC Qualifier
    The body is thicker, but is flexible to a degree. Time will tell. The bodies I’d buy and paint would last a couple runs before they were trashed. I’ll report back when I’ve beaten the truck properly.
    I ordered one of these it should be here Friday, looking forward to your reviews.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I forgot to add, I emailed Proline to see if theyíd send me one with not mounting holes, considering I run Bigfoot mounts in the rear and Slash in the front. They initially said no that theyíd have to pull it off the line(stop production). So the answer was prompt and a NO. They then asked me how my service was. I said fast and I wasnít satisfied with their answer. They agreed to make it happen for me. Got the body and made my mounting holes where they needed to be. Iím impressed with them going above and beyond for me. Iím sure it didnít hurt that Iím a long time customer, and I sent pictures of my X-Maxx decked out with Proline wheels, tires, and body

If you know an item isn't allowed to be discussed, please don't discuss it. Thanks! -ksb51rl
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    If you know an item isn't allowed to be discussed, please don't discuss it. Thanks! -ksb51rl
    I figured my asterisks would suffice, I have never endorsed that product, in fact just the opposite. I think Traxxas wouldíve approved. But point taken.

I figured my asterisks would suffice, I have never endorsed that product, in fact just the opposite. I think Traxxas wouldíve approved. But point taken.
    I feel ya 'dog'.
    If you check the rules and the warning system, you'll find that asterisks never suffice here. Also, it has been made very clear previously that the particular subject is off limits. The original mention in this thread referenced the fact and ignored the instruction. THAT sort of behavior will not be permitted to continue.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

no i didnt ignore intructions, I didnt know they were that taboo Į\_(ツ)_/Į just thought you couldnt promote or link them, sorry guys. This is still a proline brute body thread.
    Last edited by IanRose; 12-02-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

My orignal post was about waiting for a sc brute body and it came out yesterday. http://www.bigsquidrc.com/pro-line-p...sh-armor-body/

Once again keep us posted on your long term review!
    ------

RC Qualifier
    Whoops my bad, I just noticed it said Stampede Bash Armor Body. I ordered the Xmaxx one but in all fairness there is a pic with the Xmaxx on this thread lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Whoops my bad, I just noticed it said Stampede Bash Armor Body. I ordered the Xmaxx one but in all fairness there is a pic with the Xmaxx on this thread lol.
    Yeah it makes the stampede look like a mini xmaxx. Same stuff though. I believe gripdog said they were even the same thickness.
    ------

Ok this one is tempting enough to make me want to design my own body mounts.

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...body-white.asp

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok this one is tempting enough to make me want to design my own body mounts.

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...body-white.asp
    I may be the only one, but unless I was building a backslash. I just donít like the stying of the SC body. But hey, thatís why they make lots of truck options.

I may be the only one, but unless I was building a backslash. I just don’t like the stying of the SC body. But hey, that’s why they make lots of truck options.
    I felt the same way I turned my slash into a long stampede after the first few packs then a backslash later. The sct body was just too noisey, too bulky, and fragile. It also seems out of place outside of a track. It wasnt untill i got back into driving simular games that the extra body roll and the aerodynamic effect of the sc body became more appealing and my slash became a slash again.

That being said, I just ordered the sc fusion bash armor. High expectations, I predict these will be a game changer for me. The sc body dosent have body holes, howd you line them up on your undrilled stampede body? Ive always done it with clear bodies, i figured id do the same thing by shinning a bright flashlight under the body and hope it shines through. Also did you use a regular body reamer or a drill?
    ------

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by IanRose View Post
    I felt the same way I turned my slash into a long stampede after the first few packs then a backslash later. The sct body was just too noisey, too bulky, and fragile. It also seems out of place outside of a track. It wasnt untill i got back into driving simular games that the extra body roll and the aerodynamic effect of the sc body became more appealing and my slash became a slash again.

That being said, I just ordered the sc fusion bash armor. High expectations, I predict these will be a game changer for me. The sc body dosent have body holes, howd you line them up on your undrilled stampede body? Ive always done it with clear bodies, i figured id do the same thing by shinning a bright flashlight under the body and hope it shines through. Also did you use a regular body reamer or a drill?
    Reamer, and carefully. Sorry. Not a good answer. Flashlight method didnít work because of the thickness.

Ooof, thats alright ill figure it out. I might just take my time and mesure it out. Too bad the slash is too fast and heavy to just velcro the body on thats the easy way out ha.
    Reamer, and carefully. Sorry. Not a good answer. Flashlight method didnít work because of the thickness.
    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    ------

RC Racer
    Anyone know if they are going to build different colors?

Quote Originally Posted by Highroller54 View Post
    Anyone know if they are going to build different colors?
    I wonder if you could dye them like most other white parts.
    ------

RC Racer
    I wonder if you could dye them like most other white parts.
    Great question, seen a few people mention about trying it but haven’t seen anyone that has yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Highroller54 View Post
    Great question, seen a few people mention about trying it but haven’t seen anyone that has yet.
    Half dip might be cool and easy. Think the problem is the size, second the cost. Im not going to experiment with my $100 body. Well worth the cost though.

my tapatalk puts adds in and it is currently putting adds specifically of the product we are avoiding talking about in this thread. Its right after ksb post so the irony is heavy. Id post a screen shot but that would be disrespectful of the forum rules. It Just supper ironic it makes me lol.

------

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The body sits on the posts well. Just some quick measurements and I was on my way. It was easy.

RC Qualifier
    So I talked to a few different custom air brush artists, paint suppliers and custom auto body shops who supply and paint plastic materials of all different kinds from ATV's, dirtbikes, bumpers and dash boards and the list goes on.
    I was told that the Bash Armor Body can be painted (jury is still out on this one) if you use an Adhesion Promoter designed for the material being painted.
    I'm not looking for guinea pigs because I paid over 180.00 CDN for the Xmaxx body. I'm inquiring if anyone has experience using Adhesion Promoter as I do not see anyone in the near future shattering one of these bodies and trying it as a test(but possible their still fairly new).
    I don't dislike the white I'm just always looking for options.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    So I talked to a few different custom air brush artists, paint suppliers and custom auto body shops who supply and paint plastic materials of all different kinds from ATV's, dirtbikes, bumpers and dash boards and the list goes on.
    I was told that the Bash Armor Body can be painted (jury is still out on this one) if you use an Adhesion Promoter designed for the material being painted.
    I'm not looking for guinea pigs because I paid over 180.00 CDN for the Xmaxx body. I'm inquiring if anyone has experience using Adhesion Promoter as I do not see anyone in the near future shattering one of these bodies and trying it as a test(but possible their still fairly new).
    I don't dislike the white I'm just always looking for options.
    I think the issue is, youíd have to paint the outside. So. Your first wreck, bye bye. Ice paint job. So itís pretty much the same as a clear body. When you crash with your show off body, itís also no longer pristine.

RC Qualifier
    I think the issue is, you’d have to paint the outside. So. Your first wreck, bye bye. Ice paint job. So it’s pretty much the same as a clear body. When you crash with your show off body, it’s also no longer pristine.
    Your right, I wasn't thinking so now it'll stay white with decals and I'm ok with that. But my wife has a cricut machine that she can scan and cut out any vinyl designs so maybe we'll come up with something lol.

Y not design a body wrap? If it gets scuffed or destroyed, peel it off n replace it...

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyBama View Post
    Y not design a body wrap? If it gets scuffed or destroyed, peel it off n replace it...

Great point. Iíd have to do that every week with mine.

Great point. Iíd have to do that every week with mine.
    Lol, but just think, choices would be endless. Im waitin to see wat kind of design briber comes up with for my new p4de body. Hes had it for a few months lol. Kind of affraid to run it wen he gets it dun

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyBama View Post
    Lol, but just think, choices would be endless. Im waitin to see wat kind of design briber comes up with for my new p4de body. Hes had it for a few months lol. Kind of affraid to run it wen he gets it dun

Iím gonna paint one of those Proline Ambush? Bodies. The One with the cage on the back.

RC Qualifier
    My wife made this up with her Cricut machine, it changes colors when you move it around.

The proline bash armor plastic is very slick. Its like pure nylon or somthing, stickers dont stick as good and its almost imposible to dye. Still a good looking body and ill take basic white and intact ober the lexan painted and cracked, ripped, and collapsed.
    ------

RC Qualifier
    The proline bash armor plastic is very slick. Its like pure nylon or somthing, stickers dont stick as good and its almost imposible to dye. Still a good looking body and ill take basic white and intact ober the lexan painted and cracked, ripped, and collapsed.
    LOL I hear you on that, I put the stock Orange in a bag on a shelf until I know these can be replaced or become available and being all black we can purchase and run any of the other colors which is what we'll end up doing to change things out. The Bash Armor on the Xmaxx is worth the expense but the stock Orange is pretty cool.

Yeah the stock traxxas bodies have good graphics. I plan on running these proline bash bodies as long as they make them or until traxxas make their own. Ive made grills, headlights, window decals, out of collored electrical tape or duct tapes on other bodies. I also have a big folder of rc brand decals, im ready for the inevitable re-stickering.

------

RC Qualifier
    I love the look of a lot of the new paint schemes Traxxas has come out with, it almost makes me want one of each lol. You should look into a Cricut Machine any design you can come up with and scan or find it will cut it out, pretty amazing technology.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast