Thread: Bash Armor Body

RC poster
    Would this fit a 2wd VXL?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by tingtong333 View Post
    Would this fit a 2wd VXL?
    Is the wheel base the same length?

RC Racer
    Grip! I didnít know you had a P4de too.. I just got the Bash armor for my P4de that my son drives. We had a big wreck last weekend and I destroyed the VG racing cage with my XMaxx.

Howís that body holding up? My only concern in the mounting holes..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoney82186 View Post
    Grip! I didnít know you had a P4de too.. I just got the Bash armor for my P4de that my son drives. We had a big wreck last weekend and I destroyed the VG racing cage with my XMaxx.

Howís that body holding up? My only concern in the mounting holes..
    Fantastic. No complaints. The P4de is a great truck with the right upgrades. I built mine from a roller. Itís a beast as well. I should drive it more.

RC Racer
    Got it done and love it. Only issue Iím having is the set screws seem like they need to be longer.. since the body is thicker itís harder to get the nuts on..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Got it done and love it. Only issue Iím having is the set screws seem like they need to be longer.. since the body is thicker itís harder to get the nuts on..
    Move the screws up just a bit, but I have a similar issue. Itís not just you. Nice picture. Looks familiar

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Move the screws up just a bit, but I have a similar issue. Itís not just you. Nice picture. Looks familiar
    I went to the hardware store and got 16mm set screws (stock Proline are 12mm). Perfect! Also, LHS had Mashers in stock so I got rid of the stocks. I have 3 blown out Mashers and 3 blown out Trenchers all stripped at the hex. I check every time but Iím ready to go to 17mm wheels..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I went to the hardware store and got 16mm set screws (stock Proline are 12mm). Perfect! Also, LHS had Mashers in stock so I got rid of the stocks. I have 3 blown out Mashers and 3 blown out Trenchers all stripped at the hex. I check every time but Iím ready to go to 17mm wheels..
    One of the best used grades Iíve done was going to 17mm

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    One of the best used grades Iíve done was going to 17mm
    I have MIP CVDís front and rear so I think I need a special kit. Thatís next. Tough thing is that my son drives this at about 1/3 of what I built it for, but heís a kids and goes hard on asphalt and I canít keep the bits tight..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have MIP CVDís front and rear so I think I need a special kit. Thatís next. Tough thing is that my son drives this at about 1/3 of what I built it for, but heís a kids and goes hard on asphalt and I canít keep the bits tight..
    Iíve got Tekno M6ís woth aluminum hexes, and HR 17mmís on those. Cured my issues totally. Had to boil and retape a couple tires recently.

RC Competitor
    How's the body holding on ?

My Proline Ford 1966 body is getting cracked up near the rear body post-holes (designed to break).
    The brute bodiy may be my next purchase.
    I hope it's a good and cheap option in the long run, don't want to buy and paint a new body every 6 months.

But maybe I'll try my old rustler (2wd) body first.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by StijnH View Post
    How's the body holding on ?

My Proline Ford 1966 body is getting cracked up near the rear body post-holes (designed to break).
    The brute bodiy may be my next purchase.
    I hope it's a good and cheap option in the long run, don't want to buy and paint a new body every 6 months.

But maybe I'll try my old rustler (2wd) body first.
    Still great. Got these for both of my trucks. Its a no brainer for a basher

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the update !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12