RC Enthusiast

5 channel TQI transmitter

I an not find any information on a 5 channel transmitter from Traxxas yet my "4" channel (the one with the toggle switch on top) will run 5 channels from my 5 channel receiver. Not sure why they call it a 4 channel receiver. It will run 5. just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by carc View Post
    I an not find any information on a 5 channel transmitter from Traxxas yet my "4" channel (the one with the toggle switch on top) will run 5 channels from my 5 channel receiver. Not sure why they call it a 4 channel receiver. It will run 5. just FYI.
    I think the reason they call the receiver a 4 channel is because the number 1 channel has two slots for vehicles that use twin servos for steering, such as the Summit.

Since both Channel 1 ports/slots do the same thing at the same time, they would not be the reason. They are on what is essentially an in-receiver splitter which is why they run in parallel.
    Channels 4 and 5 are half-channels and are not independent, though they perform different functions. Channel 5 will not activate without Channel 4 being activated.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah channel 4 and 5 are on the same switch but work independently. I can run 3, 4 and 5 for different functions

Yeah channel 4 and 5 are on the same switch but work independently. I can run 3, 4 and 5 for different functions
    For which functions are they used currently?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    For which functions are they used currently?
    I am building a slash police car. One is for the headlights, one for the police lights and one for the siren.

I am building a slash police car. One is for the headlights, one for the police lights and one for the siren.
    So channel 3 is the headlights, channel 4 is the police lights, and channel 5 is the siren?

RC Enthusiast
    3 is the siren, 4 is the headlights and 5 is the police lights but I should be able to put them however I want

RC Enthusiast
    I do also have an inline splitter switch that I can hook two sets of lights to if I want but they have to work off the same switch. One, the other or both. Channels 4 and 5 will work independently of each other.

They have worked independently in practice? The police lights work without the headlights being on?

RC Enthusiast
    Yes, everything will work independently.

Yes, everything will work independently.
    Interesting. I did not think they were supposed to.
    So what switch position on the radio do you use to turn on the police lights while having the headlights off?
    Im trying to picture this, but having no luck.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-02-2018 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Spelling

RC Enthusiast
    The top toggle switch works with both 4 and 5. it has three positions. Forward center and back. One works with the forward the other works with it back. I have the car apart right now but when I can I'll make you a video showing how it works.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Interesting. I did not think they were supposed to.
    So what switch position on the radio do you use to turn on the police lights while having the headlights off?
    I’m trying to picture this, but having no luck.
    The sirens are not hooked up right now so I hooked another set of lights to show channel 3 working. Channel 4 is the headlights and channel 5 is the cop lights. Here is a video showing that they all work independently of each other. I did not think they would either, that is why i started this post. I'm not sure many knew you could do it.

RC poster
    Wanted to follow up about splitting the 4 and 5 channels and some other questions...

On mine, when the toggle on the transmitter is back, channel 4 and 5 are off. when its in the center position, channel 4 should be on. when its all the way forward, channel 4 and 5 should both be on. How did you split it, so you can control them independently?

Also, what TX controlled relay switch did you use to turn on the lights and accessories (converting the channel signal into an on/off)?
    -Cory
    TRX4 Blazer. Still pretty much stock...