RC Racer

What are our options for end point adjusting the TRX-4 Sport servo?

Being able to set endpoints are crucial for servo performance and servo life. However, the Sport doesn't seem to have the option. Considering a burned through the stock servo on my Defender after the second run, I can also see a problem brewing on my Sport, which I can already see becomes strained when turning full left/right.

What have you guys been doing about this? HeyOK offers an adjustable end point connector - but it's over $30 Canadian. Are the other options to buy a new receiver/radio with EPA built-in??

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailwalker View Post
    Being able to set endpoints are crucial for servo performance and servo life. However, the Sport doesn't seem to have the option. Considering a burned through the stock servo on my Defender after the second run, I can also see a problem brewing on my Sport, which I can already see becomes strained when turning full left/right.

What have you guys been doing about this? HeyOK offers an adjustable end point connector - but it's over $30 Canadian. Are the other options to buy a new receiver/radio with EPA built-in??
    I use flysky radio, you can get one for 60$ of eBay it gives you all the possible settings with out braking the bank its the 3 channel one but Amazon Canada has a nice flysky 6 channel for 116$ that will do lots.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

The Flysky FS-GT5 is actually pretty good, I would not buy any of the cheaper models. Just did a review:

youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

Other than that, it just depends on how much you want to spend.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    The Flysky FS-GT5 is actually pretty good, I would not buy any of the cheaper models. Just did a review:

I use one with my Defender, and I agree it's pretty good. But it's overkill for my wife. I may need to reconsider, but I honestly didn't want her truck to cost this much to run

RC Qualifier

I use this device from the UK on all the micro servos in my Defender with the stock radio:
    https://modelradioworkshop.co.uk/sho...oint-adjuster/

The adjuster can not be used with high voltage servos since the operating voltage is max. 6.3V.

I don't know how much it will set you back, coming from the UK.
    Last edited by Viking; 12-01-2018 at 03:39 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I use this device from the UK on all the micro servos in my Defender with the stock radio:
    https://modelradioworkshop.co.uk/sho...oint-adjuster/

The adjuster can not be used with high voltage servos since the operating voltage is max. 6.3V.

I don't know how much it will set you back, coming from the UK.
    HeyOK makes something similar, but it's like $30.

I may simply wait for some extra receivers to come in for my Flysky radio and then upgrade her to the TQI.

The lack of built-in EPA solution makes me hesitant to recommend this truck to others. The lack of control will cause servos to die prematurely, so money you saved on the truck would be spent on servos or extra "stuff" to get that feature back.

Random question, can the stock T-lock servos handle 7.4v?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    Random question, can the stock T-lock servos handle 7.4v?
    It's rated at 6v, so I wouldn't push it.

It's rated at 6v, so I wouldn't push it.
    Cool, thanks for the info.