RC Enthusiast

Tekno Wheel Hex on M6 Axles Depth issue

i am sure this has been answered already but have not been able to find the answer.

i have m6 tekno shafts on my slash and the wheel hex is too narrow, leaving a little gap inbetween the lock nut and the wheel when i tighten it down. i put washers in to help but want a more permanent solution.

i noticed the wheel hexs from tekno are 4mm deep and the stock 4x4 are 5mm deep. anyone know of an aluminum hex that will work for the tekno axles?

thanks!

RC Enthusiast
    So I have found this part on traxxas.com - crazy price for these, think I will just buy a set of hexs and then my own drill bit.
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/6869

Anyone know the depth/thickness (not bore) of these hex's? is it 5mm or 6mm?

Thanks

RC Champion
    They are 6.6mm thick. The key hole looks .5mm off center but there is ridge on the inner side of the hex.

Last edited by glbobo; 12-03-2018 at 01:32 PM.
    Never do anything half fast. Hey Ya'll, watch this

RC Qualifier
    I think many people who are going this far with the Slash 4x4 are also going to 17mm hex conversion. Might be worth doing at this time.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The 1mm difference is just fine and a non issue

RC Enthusiast
    anyone use TKR1654X tekno hexs and if they have any play in their wheels? i have aluminum hexs on my slash that i thought were tekno but now im unsure. the 1mm is a big difference on my current wheel hexs because it is starting to groove the wheel hub between the locknut and wheel. the amount of play in my wheels is really bad.

RC Qualifier
    The Tekno TKR1654X does not leave any play - a perfect hold on both stock wheels and Stampede 4x4 wheels.

RC Enthusiast
    Can confirm, tekno 6mm allum hexes fits gr8

RC Enthusiast
    I have the same problem enare vat has using the stock plastic Tekno hexes that come with the M6 kit. They are not as wide as the stock traxxas 4x4 hexes. I'm using ProLine Renegade wheels and have to add 2 of the Traxxas teflon spacers between the wheel hub and hex to get the wheel tight. Would someone please measure the width of the aluminum TKR1654X please and thank you?