RC poster

Brushless with OBA

If I change my brushed motor to a Kinexsis 4 Pole 4000Kv brushless set up will I be able to connect my factory OBA?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bowdon_rambler View Post
    If I change my brushed motor to a Kinexsis 4 Pole 4000Kv brushless set up will I be able to connect my factory OBA?

I connected OBA with different motor and esc(castle) directly to the battery. Did i like OBA, thatís different story..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I think it sounds good. Makes it sound more like a real vehicle. I am new to all this though. This is the first RC I have had since I was 10. That was in mid 80s. I had the Red Nikko Farrari from Sears Wish book for Christmas. I have always wanted to get into the higher quality RCs so here we go.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bowdon_rambler View Post
    I think it sounds good. Makes it sound more like a real vehicle. I am new to all this though. This is the first RC I have had since I was 10. That was in mid 80s. I had the Red Nikko Farrari from Sears Wish book for Christmas. I have always wanted to get into the higher quality RCs so here we go.

Welcome back to the hobby! I had a Kyosho Raider Stadium truck as a first r/c in the early 90's and just recently got back into it. That Raider was so crude compared to todays stuff. But to give insight to your question when you switch to brushless you'll need to purchase a compatable esc for your OBA, not sure of the model #, maybe someone here can help with that.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    Welcome back to the hobby! I had a Kyosho Raider Stadium truck as a first r/c in the early 90's and just recently got back into it. That Raider was so crude compared to todays stuff. But to give insight to your question when you switch to brushless you'll need to purchase a compatable esc for your OBA, not sure of the model #, maybe someone here can help with that.

Sorry for the misinfo, it's actually the receiver the OBA connects to so you should be good with your new brushless system you're asking about.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    Sorry for the misinfo, it's actually the receiver the OBA connects to so you should be good with your new brushless system you're asking about.

Yep, you only need compatible reciever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    As you can see in pic. It connects to both. I may just have a hobby shop do the install if the labor isn't much. Im sure they can do it.