RC poster

4s or 6s e-revo question

Hey guys sorry if this question has been asked before but i have been considering purchasing an e revo 2.0 this winter and was wondering if it was better to run 4s or 6s on the e revo. top speed is not seriously important i just want to do jumps, flips and generally destroy my yard and wife's flower gardens. I am concerned about high temperatures and destroying tires on 6s.

RC Qualifier
    With 6s will most likely come a lot more broken parts. On 4s the erevo can be fun but wonít break as many parts. If you are a excellent driver you might get away with 6s and no issues, but most likely 4s will be where you want to start. JMHO.

RC poster
    yeah that is what i have been thinking after watching some videos and reading some reviews. I am used to driving 2 wheel drive this will be my first 4x4 so i would still say i am still a novice

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gherik View Post
    yeah that is what i have been thinking after watching some videos and reading some reviews. I am used to driving 2 wheel drive this will be my first 4x4 so i would still say i am still a novice
    4s is the way to go... I prefer the character of the truck on 4s over 6s - 6s is "OP" IMHO - handling kinda sticks & tons of broken parts...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks for the info, 4s is going to be the way im going to go. Still doing my research on what vehicle i am going to get but i keep coming back to the e revo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gherik View Post
    Thanks for the info, 4s is going to be the way im going to go. Still doing my research on what vehicle i am going to get but i keep coming back to the e revo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    The new erevo is absolutely capable of handling 6s, having said that for someone new to the platform and how it drives, 4s is a great starting point. You won't be disappointed, the 2.0 is the embodiment of what this machine should be. I run 4s on the old and 6s on the new. It takes a beating and asks for more!
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Enthusiast
    As a new owner of a E-Revo who already ran into a small tree and bent (I bent it back..) a push rod on 4S! I'd suggest sticking to 4s, Its stupid fast and capable with 4s, As others have said and I keep reading my self 6S is just gonna lead to broken parts a lot faster.

RC Competitor
    The truck on 6s is crazy fast as has been said. It takes a lot of self control on the trigger. Just going to full throttle from a crusie can and will spin you out on the wrong surface. For what you have stated you want to do, 4s is going to work great. 30 mph is fast in that big boy. and if and when you want to go faster its just 2 batteries and you are good to go.
    I fix things till they can't be fixed.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    The new erevo is absolutely capable of handling 6s, having said that for someone new to the platform and how it drives, 4s is a great starting point. You won't be disappointed, the 2.0 is the embodiment of what this machine should be. I run 4s on the old and 6s on the new. It takes a beating and asks for more!
    +1 on this comment. Old e revo sometimes broke diffs on even 4s Iíve heard, but the new one I have yet to break any on extreme 6s bashing. I did break one but it was from a brutal motor failure that completely locked up the drivetrain at 50mph.

I recommend getting the new one over the old one unless youíre getting it ridiculously cheap. Just my $0.02... itís better for the long run. Also I support the decision of starting on 4s.