ProcDestryr

Sealed diffs for Rustler 4x4

Are there any sealed differential options for the Rustler 4x4 ? My Rustler is currently brushed / xl 5 w/ intent to upgrade to brushless eventually. Will the Slash Ultimate diff work?

I also found the vxl version. I assume this is what im looking for...

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ProcDestryr; 12-07-2018 at 06:06 AM.

RC Champion
    For the center? I used a optional slash 4x4 center diff for mine and it fits with no issues.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

ProcDestryr
    I posted but it's not showing up.

No, I'm looking for front and rear...should have mentioned that.

I found that the diff parts list for the brushed and vxl are the same... then, from the feature list for the brushed version, it states the diff is sealed with oil. Awesome.

Yes, im 99% sure all the traxxas 4x4 1/10 have sealed diffs.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

ProcDestryr
    Cool. Thanks.

I also have to say Traxxas has a great web site with detailed info about every model. I've been messing with mini quadcopters for a while, and anyone involved in that hobby knows just about everything is a mystery. It's nice to go to a web site and find detailed information, what I'm looking for, for once.

Plus traxxas parts are always instock somewhere. Ive yet to be looking for a traxxas part and not be able to find it, aside from new release.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

RC Competitor
    The 4x4 has sealed diffs front and rear and the optional center diff is a simple install. It's 4 screws to inatall/swap in the slipper and it comes with 3 spur gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabomb View Post
    The 4x4 has sealed diffs front and rear and the optional center diff is a simple install. It's 4 screws to inatall/swap in the slipper and it comes with 3 spur gears.
    The "problem" with the Traxxas center diff is the plastic casing, as well as the plastic spur gear. Any suggestions on a good, high-quality, machined, center diff housing (aluminum is more than acceptable), as well as a good, high-quality, machined center diff spur gear (NOT aluminum)?

I know that Robinson Racing makes machined hardened-steel (and machined plastic) center diff spur gears...but they don't make center diffs, or even center diff cases. Also, if I can get a great machined center diff case, do I still need to purchase the Traxxas center diff for the internal parts, or are there secondary sources for the internals (again, looking for good-to-great machined steel parts)?

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better