RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Tire taping issues.

Iíve got Badlands, I taped them. It held for a year or so. Now two are obviously not. Is there any way to get tires off without ruining them, so I can re-tape.

RC Qualifier
    I boiled mine and it worked pretty good but one was being stubborn and took some extra effort and a little more boiling, the wife would freak if I used her oven for the baking method lol. I had to use the large roasting pan and could only do 2- 3.8 trenchers at a time and it took roughly 45 mins flipping over half way through the process but you still have to work it carefully by hand while their hot and use oven mits.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Since itís two, and itís a right rear, and front left, itís made driving fun. Iíll try the boiling method. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Haha like to many wobbly pops. You'll just get those back together and the other 2 will need attention at least that's what would happen if it was mine.
    Just make sure to becareful of the boiling water that will sqeeze out of the 2 holes in the rim when your working them it caught me off guard. Good luck.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Boiling worked great. Burnt my thumb. Only tore one tire, one time. Fixed it with super glue. Tires are taped and glued once again.

RC Qualifier
    If you find the super glue doesn't hold up for you, Loctite 404 is amazing and the side walls I've torn up have held up for over a year using this stuff. You tube has a couple of vids with guy's having 2 inch tears and sealing them back up with no problems.

When you tape your tires, turn them inside out, then scuff them with sandpaper, 100 grit should be fine, clean the surface with denatured alcohol in preparation for the taping... Gorilla tape works well for me.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall