Thread: Got a new body

RC Qualifier

Got a new body

Got a new body because I was tired of the stock bodies disintegrating. It's the RC Maniacs unbreakable Slash body. It's supposed to be indestructible. We'll see. A few things:

*It's not a direct replacement. When you set it inside the front and rear bumper, the body hits in both places. So I had to use PL's body post extenders. I had to put the taller rear posts on the front because the body needed the most clearance in the front.

*It sits pretty high which is cool. The first pictures are with the shocks fully extended and no weight sag. The last picture has a battery and it's sagging as normal.

*I think my biggest concern will be the PL body post extenders. I hope those are tough and don't break on impact. Otherwise, this will all be for naught.

Here's the destroyed body:

Here's the new body:

RC Racer
    I love the new body!! I got a yellow bumblebee one off ebay coming soon for mine.. Gonna do the drywall tape/goop trick on it.. Your old body took a beating eh lol mines got some cracks in the rear bumper but nothing like that rofl

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TraverseCityMi View Post
    I love the new body!! I got a yellow bumblebee one off ebay coming soon for mine.. Gonna do the drywall tape/goop trick on it.. Your old body took a beating eh lol mines got some cracks in the rear bumper but nothing like that rofl
    Thanks. I'm hopeful it will last. We have a little jump in the backyard where we get about five to six feet of air when we hit it full speed. A crack usually forms on the stock bodies when we come down wrong. Sounds like your new one will be sturdy!

RC Racer
    ahh you got a lil track in your back yard im so jealous! Theres like NOTHING around here to jump a few 2 tracks to race around but that's about it.. I gotta do like you and build something I guess.. Winter right now was thinking of making a ramp outta snow but I just broke my revo so.. plans on hold atm lol

And yeah I cracked the rear on mine landing all funky but you gotta give the slash a lot of credit that thing can take a beating like no other and still come out smelling like roses! Love it, just got new tires for it too, forgot what they are I think they came off the SC10 by some company I can't recall atm lol

and yeah the goop trick works AMAZING! but if you do it stay away from the mounting holes it raises the body up on the posts a lil if you do and makes it hard to slide the pins thru.. rookie mistake on my part eh..

Anyway that bodys sick I hada go look at it again, it completely changes the way the slash looks going from a SCT to a monster truck!! Im beyond jealous of that body seriously, if I didn't just spend more then I should have i'd ask where u got it and get me one too lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TraverseCityMi View Post
    ahh you got a lil track in your back yard im so jealous! Theres like NOTHING around here to jump a few 2 tracks to race around but that's about it.. I gotta do like you and build something I guess.. Winter right now was thinking of making a ramp outta snow but I just broke my revo so.. plans on hold atm lol

And yeah I cracked the rear on mine landing all funky but you gotta give the slash a lot of credit that thing can take a beating like no other and still come out smelling like roses! Love it, just got new tires for it too, forgot what they are I think they came off the SC10 by some company I can't recall atm lol

and yeah the goop trick works AMAZING! but if you do it stay away from the mounting holes it raises the body up on the posts a lil if you do and makes it hard to slide the pins thru.. rookie mistake on my part eh..

Anyway that bodys sick I hada go look at it again, it completely changes the way the slash looks going from a SCT to a monster truck!! Im beyond jealous of that body seriously, if I didn't just spend more then I should have i'd ask where u got it and get me one too lol
    You're right. The Slash can certainly take a beating. My son and I bash our Slashes pretty hard. I got the body from RC Maniacs on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/str/RCManiacs/

I'm getting the Pro-Line bash armor body for my son's Slash: https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...body-white.asp

We'll see how they hold up against each other.

RC Racer
    Thanks I'll def add it to my wish list, I need some of those bash armors for my stampede poor guy takes a beating for sure.

Keep on bashing!

Looks more like a lifted 250 rather a raptor. My proline post broke second run but a lot of people like them, they look good. You can still make the body really high with rpm mounts or just spacers under the stock post.

I just ordered the proline bash armor one.
    Last edited by IanRose; 12-14-2018 at 12:10 AM.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

RC Qualifier
    Try the RC comet Bandito XD body for short course for your next body. I havenít tried it yet because I like to stick with the proline flotek evosc body for racing my TLR SCTE. When my youngest brother starts racing short course though, Iíll definitely be teaching him how to paint up a good lookin body with the Bandito XD. All in due time... your truck looks good though! Itíd look even better with some 2.8 MTís on there!!!
    $+RC+more$+friends+more$=FUN!
    YouTube: EvHexRC1

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by IanRose View Post
    Looks more like a lifted 250 rather a raptor. My proline post broke second run but a lot of people like them, they look good. You can still make the body really high with rpm mounts or just spacers under the stock post.

I just ordered the proline bash armor one.
    Funny you mention that, I just ordered the ProLine bash armor white one for my son's Slash too. It'll be here tomorrow. Can't wait to see how they hold up.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by EvHexRC View Post
    Try the RC comet Bandito XD body for short course for your next body. I haven’t tried it yet because I like to stick with the proline flotek evosc body for racing my TLR SCTE. When my youngest brother starts racing short course though, I’ll definitely be teaching him how to paint up a good lookin body with the Bandito XD. All in due time... your truck looks good though! It’d look even better with some 2.8 MT’s on there!!!
    I may have to try 2.8s at some point. I'd like to get a 4x4 Stampede VXL for us next.

These bodies I have been very curious about since I first saw them on Kevin Talbot's channel. They seem more flexible than other "tough" bodies but look more susceptible to road rash tho. Now we just need someone to come out with a body this tuff but paintable.

RC Qualifier
    Just got the ProLine bash armor body for my son. I'm quite impressed with the quality. It's much thicker and much more solid than the black RC Maniacs body. The RC Maniacs body is more flexible. I doubt we could ever break this one since we're only running NiMh batteries. I can't believe how thick it is. It feels like a thick plastic snow shovel. I like all the vents in the body and the added touch of the silver screws on the sides. Very satisfied.

RC Qualifier
    So this is a little bit of a problem. Today was the first time testing the bodies. On the white bash armor body, the ProLine extended body mount screws are getting completely pulled out of the thread so the whole cap and screw comes off. I'm not sure I can get the screw in deep enough to hold and still have enough left on the top to screw the cap on because the body is so thick.

Also, the screw caps seem to be getting loose after just a few jumps/crashes.

I tried to see if the stock body mounts with the silver pins would work, but the body is too thick to get the post through enough to get the pin in.

Any suggestions?

RC Qualifier
    Well, I found this in another thread so I'll try it: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...xtended-Mounts

It's a nice fix, but you are still using the annoying body clips. Personally, I always go with the extended body mount kit just so I won't have to use body clips anymore. The easiest fix is to just buy longer screws. If you buy RC4WD M4 20mm Long Threaded Shaft Screw Set you will get 10 screws that will fit in the extended body posts and they won't come back out on their own. The screws are long enough that you can screw them all the way in and still have plenty sticking out to screw the cap on nice and tightly. If they are too long you can trim them to whatever size you need. I have been using them for a few years and haven't had one come out yet. Actually, I am still using the same 4 screws that I installed when I bought them and I still have the other 6 just in case one ever comes out.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Chevy View Post
    So this is a little bit of a problem. Today was the first time testing the bodies. On the white bash armor body, the ProLine extended body mount screws are getting completely pulled out of the thread so the whole cap and screw comes off. I'm not sure I can get the screw in deep enough to hold and still have enough left on the top to screw the cap on because the body is so thick.

Also, the screw caps seem to be getting loose after just a few jumps/crashes.

I tried to see if the stock body mounts with the silver pins would work, but the body is too thick to get the post through enough to get the pin in.

Any suggestions?
    The PL mount studs are threaded down into the plastic. I have before un-screwed them a bit and pulled them up a few mills to get that extra length needed for an extra thick body.
    Like the post above a matching button head hex scew and washer is an alternative option.

-Liberty

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    The PL mount studs are threaded down into the plastic. I have before un-screwed them a bit and pulled them up a few mills to get that extra length needed for an extra thick body.
    Like the post above a matching button head hex scew and washer is an alternative option.

-Liberty
    Thanks. Screws should be here on Tuesday so we'll have another go at it then.

How much more heavy are these PL bash armor bodies compared to stock traxxas bodies? And if you don't mind even compared to the RC Maniacs body?

RC Champion
    Not sure if this will work with your new body, but placing some good 3m Velcro around the edge of the chassis and then the body should help keep the body on and tight to the chassis as well. Iíve done this to several of my rcís and will say it does work well and the body is that much less likely to come off. Just some food for thought. Good day. And enjoy that new body!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    How much more heavy are these PL bash armor bodies compared to stock traxxas bodies? And if you don't mind even compared to the RC Maniacs body?
    I would say the PL bash body is significantly heavier. I'm not sure by how much but it's definitely heavy. The RC Maniacs body is heavier, but it's lighter than the PL body.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Not sure if this will work with your new body, but placing some good 3m Velcro around the edge of the chassis and then the body should help keep the body on and tight to the chassis as well. I’ve done this to several of my rc’s and will say it does work well and the body is that much less likely to come off. Just some food for thought. Good day. And enjoy that new body!!
    Good idea. I might try that.

I would say the PL bash body is significantly heavier. I'm not sure by how much but it's definitely heavy. The RC Maniacs body is heavier, but it's lighter than the PL body.
    Thank you very much that is just what I needed to know.

The proline body is indeed very heavy. Over 100grams heavier then stock. Im very glad it was precut becase it is like hard body thick. I dont like proline post, stock are more durable. Im curious if I'll need proline post due to the thickness and the body clip holes. I hope the rpm or stock post will work, if not ill be making some pro line rpm hybrid post with a drill.

Read deeper in the post and it looks like im making some proline hybrids with the rpms.
    Last edited by IanRose; 12-18-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    ------

RC Qualifier
    The proline body is indeed very heavy. Over 100grams heavier then stock. Im very glad it was precut becase it is like hard body thick. I dont like proline post, stock are more durable. Im curious if I'll need proline post due to the thickness and the body clip holes. I hope the rpm or stock post will work, if not ill be making some pro line rpm hybrid post with a drill.

Read deeper in the post and it looks like im making some proline hybrids with the rpms.
    I tried the stock posts with the PL body and can't seem to get them in far enough to have enough room to get the pin through. Someone else may have better luck.

Id get another set of proline post but I Litterly have some never used rpm mounts i got after my proline broke. so heres my plan. Dremal the rpm post flat, drill a little hole in the top, screw the screws from my broken proline post and use the caps. Will be able to adjustable to different thickness bodies but will be made of that soft hard to break rpm nylon. Best of both brands i hope.

How accurate are the mounting hole spots on the proline? Im going to be sanding down the edges and mounting mine tonight.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    ------

RC Qualifier
    Id get another set of proline post but I Litterly have some never used rpm mounts i got after my proline broke. so heres my plan. Dremal the rpm post flat, drill a little hole in the top, screw the screws from my broken proline post and use the caps. Will be able to adjustable to different thickness bodies but will be made of that soft hard to break rpm nylon. Best of both brands i hope.

How accurate are the mounting hole spots on the proline? Im going to be sanding down the edges and mounting mine tonight.

The PL body gives you a small piece of paper that shows which holes go to which type of Traxxas. The body has very small pinpoints to drill. Mine matched up well.

RC Qualifier
    So we tested them out today and the 20mm set screws held up through full battery packs. The caps didn't loosen. With the 20mm screws there was plenty sticking out through the body to get the caps on all the way. So that problem is solved until a new one arises. I think what might happen is either the PL posts break or the screws/cap threads strip right off from impact. Hopefully not and this is the long term solution.

I definitely don't see the bodies breaking. We crashed them hard as usual today. The PL body is so rigid it sounds like something is breaking when it hits the dirt but everything is fine. My RC Maniacs body is much more flexible and actually caved in the roof from an upside down landing. I just pushed it back out and everything was fine.

Youre right the holes line up perfectly, prolines spot on like that. I love this body. These things are great. Wasnt sure about the russian ones becase theyre rip offs of other companies designs, and theyre kind of weird looking. But the proline one looks great in person, its basically a sc hardbody, needs stiffer springs. My rpm hypvrid post looked great, lasted two runs. I have a better disign in my head but the price of longer screws is the price of a new set of proline post sooo...

------

RC Qualifier
    Youre right the holes line up perfectly, prolines spot on like that. I love this body. These things are great. Wasnt sure about the russian ones becase theyre rip offs of other companies designs, and theyre kind of weird looking. But the proline one looks great in person, its basically a sc hardbody, needs stiffer springs. My rpm hypvrid post looked great, lasted two runs. I have a better disign in my head but the price of longer screws is the price of a new set of proline post sooo...

Looks great. Nice stickers too. I noticed my front headlight and above the front tire stickers probably won't be there for long. That seems to be crash spots for us.