RC Competitor

Where have you been all my life

Iíve been out of pocket for while, usually when deer season roles around I vanish. But any way got out my rigs the other day & have been doing alittle cleaning on them. Had to go to the LHS & pick up a few things. Well while I was in there they had a very slightly used GT brushed model for sale. Looked at it & purchased my parts then left. Well when I got to the shop I remembered I had a new vxl setup off my Bandit. So I ran right back up there & picked up the GT, I didnít even put a battery in i immediately took the brushed setup & in went the vxl. Drove it & oh man!!!! Where have you been all my life? This thing is a blast to drive. Didnít even run a full 3s pack through it, went back to the LHS & picked up a 55t spur, installed it with a 34t pinion. So now Iíve got to get a few more things. The rear control arms have a lot of slack in them so Iíve got to get that out. It wants to get crazy on the slow down. The rear end starts wobbling rear bad. So now itís started again. Canít wait to add some parts to this thing.

RC Qualifier
    The aluminum braces are supposed to do wonders for the higher speed stability along with good foam tires like Contact.

Glad you are having fun with it!

RC Qualifier
    I'm looking to put a VXL system in my xl5 version. Did you have to take off the black cap on the end od the motor or anything because of space or alignment issues?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown94 View Post
    I'm looking to put a VXL system in my xl5 version. Did you have to take off the black cap on the end od the motor or anything because of space or alignment issues?
    It was a direct fit. The only thing was I had to use a little longer screws & nuts for the esc to attach. I could have used double sided tape but I e never had good luck with that stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the reply!

RC poster
    I have the GPM rear brace but it rubs against my Contact foams. Even with 9mm hexes they rub so I took them off.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown94 View Post
    I got a MAMBA MAX X with a 4600 motor in my 2.0 goes like a bullet. My only 2 issues are tires "ballooning" & a wobble in the rear @ Hi Speeds. Once I get those 2 issues fixed my 2.0 will be awesome.