Question broke stock traxxas axle carrier, whats a good replacement?

Just as the title says, what would be best for slight off road bashing and skate park runs? I have seen alot of people recommend rpm, some say to get aluminum. What are your thoughts?

RC Champion
    Iíve had good luck with the RPM carriers. Run them on my 1/16th rally and they work great. Removed a lot of slop as well.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to order me 2 sets of rpm axle carriers tomorrow! I’ll be up and running again for the weekend ��

RC Enthusiast
    BUMP
    Anyone with info on using aluminum? Integy makes some... I'm wary of aluminum A arms and other things that would bend easily, but I thought the axle carriers might be a good aluminum part. Just looking for experiences and opinions.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    I’ve had good luck with the RPM carriers. Run them on my 1/16th rally and they work great. Removed a lot of slop as well.
    I got my 1:16used in a trade and it came with RPM ones installed. I love them . When I did have a little slip in the joints I was able to tighten them. The only downside is you need. 1.3mm hex to tightens them.( the set screws are smaller than a standard 1.5 pinion set screw. I believe when you buy new ones RPM includes the wrench in the kit buy buying used I had to track down one of my own.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi,

new member here, also new to RC's in general but thought I'd chime in since this was something I recently had to go through on my mini slash.

I replaced the stock axle carriers after about two months of use in loose dirt and sand. I hopped up to the HR Aluminum axle carriers thinking the metal would help with durability.

install was a little difficult as I couldn't find much material online about how to assemble but it was easy enough to figure out.

one BIG caveat I have with them are the rubber gaskets on pivot ball retainers. as you thread them down into the body of the carrier they can strip very easily. see photo attached.

the carriers do clean up the steering slop amazingly well, I just wish there was more information on installing them.

I love the Hot Racing knuckles. They eliminated the slop I had on the OEM plastic ones.

My warning though is be very careful installing if you go this route. I couldnít find much install info on these so I went at it best I could.

The small rubber gasket on the retaining cap stripped on my first install. I threaded it correctly but the gasket didnít seat in itís recessed notch perfectly and it disintegrated.

I have them on the fronts and backs and other than the gasket issue Iím very happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-18-2020 at 02:50 AM. Reason: merge

RC Enthusiast
    That's really helpful, thanks for the info. I've been thinking about upgrading from RPM axle carriers to the HR aluminum. One suggestion I've seen for them is to make sure you use some lithium grease where the ball contacts the carrier.

I run the HR aluminum carriers and knuckles on my MERV as well... no problems or complaints for me!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx'ed View Post
    That's really helpful, thanks for the info. I've been thinking about upgrading from RPM axle carriers to the HR aluminum. One suggestion I've seen for them is to make sure you use some lithium grease where the ball contacts the carrier.
    Thatís a great idea. If a rebuild is in my future Iíll add this trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Also looking to upgrade to the HR knuckles. Hopefully they do me well

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "That don't make NO sense!"