RC poster

Erevo 2.0 Dissapointment. Please help

Iíve owned a 6S X-max, 2-Nitro revos, about 3-4 1st gen Erevos, several Mervs, and recently purchased the 2.0. With that said, Iíve been in the hobby for 8yrs. so Iím not a newbie. I bought into the hype of the 2.0 and it has been Nothing short of big disappointing. The cup on the rear axle split in half within the first minute of running it on manicured grass. I have had it for about 6 months and literally still have not ran a full battery charge without something breaking. On a positive note, Iíve never broken a-arms or had any diff problems or servo failure or tires rip. Should I sale it and keep my trusted modded 1st gen Erevo or, are there improvements that can make this car trustworthy?

Hereís what Iíve modded to the 2.0
    Gorilla glued all rod ends and shock ends
    Rear aluminum brace
    Velcro on the battery covers to hold body (body flies off easily)
    New GTR shocks with 80wt oil and stiffest springs
    Replaced rod and shock numerous times

Things Iíve broken
    1-axle cup
    2-axles
    Axles slip out of cups almost every run.
    2-rear shock shafts
    1-rear shock mount
    1-shock cap
    1-stock rear chassis brace
    Body comes off relentlessly before installing Velcro, but itís still an issue
    Roll cage screws pulled through the body
    The body quick release fastener comes loose a lot.

I'm sorry you're having bad luck, I've seen a few people talk about the drive shafts popping out but I'm not sure why. Shock shafts are a problem because of the weight of oil you run. A lot of people forget the revo is supposed to have massive articulation and making them too stiff can cause problems. I've had mine since day one, and while I've had my issues, mostly electronic based, the truck has held up to some impressive abuse. Maybe some insight in to your driving habits can help us steer you in the right direction.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kracer74 View Post

Things I’ve broken

Body comes off relentlessly before installing Velcro, but it’s still an issue
    I've got to hear how you did this. You jumping your house? I have rolled mine a zillion times and all of the above are great. No scratches all over the roof, no lost body clips, and the quick release doesn't come loose.
    I fix things till they can't be fixed.

RC Racer
    Chassis brace and zip ties used as limiting straps on the rear upper A arms solved all my cup, shock shaft and rod end issues. Been running mine hard for awhile now, no issues. At 4:20 in this clip you can see where I ran the heavy duty zip tie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAdF-bg_JNA&t=4s

RC poster
    Thanks for your response. I bought it new and had the shock problem from the beginning before changing shocks, springs and oil. I see your point though. In regard to my driving habits, In the beginning I was fairly mellow with it and had multiple issues on flat ground in my small back yard with axles and rod ends. I bash it pretty hard now but it still seems that about 50% of my breaks and axles slips happen on hard turns under acceleration, minor rolls and the other 50% from bashing. My first gen Erevo handled harder beatings with much less frequent problems aside from an occasional broken axle which was fixed by using summit axles. My theory with this car is that there is much more moving mass, but traxxas didn’t beef up suspension components to handle that extra weight. Do you know of aftermarket Big bore shock shafts that will fit this and if people are having success with metal rod ends?

RC poster
    I checked out your video and have been planning to try limiting straps. Also I haven’t found any mention of people changing the pushrod to a-arm adjustment. I’ve played with it a little and it defiantly increased the axle slip problem when pushrods were on the inner most holes.

RC poster
    Hey zone 5. Funny you should say that. I definitely need to post some YouTube videos, but I’m a very busy man. We have some great footage of back flipping a truck and some epic golf course sand trap transfers. All of that was with my first gen Erevo.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kracer74 View Post
    I’ve owned a 6S X-max, 2-Nitro revos, about 3-4 1st gen Erevos, several Mervs, and recently purchased the 2.0. With that said, I’ve been in the hobby for 8yrs. so I’m not a newbie. I bought into the hype of the 2.0 and it has been Nothing short of big disappointing. The cup on the rear axle split in half within the first minute of running it on manicured grass. I have had it for about 6 months and literally still have not ran a full battery charge without something breaking. On a positive note, I’ve never broken a-arms or had any diff problems or servo failure or tires rip. Should I sale it and keep my trusted modded 1st gen Erevo or, are there improvements that can make this car trustworthy?

Here’s what I’ve modded to the 2.0
    Gorilla glued all rod ends and shock ends
    Rear aluminum brace
    Velcro on the battery covers to hold body (body flies off easily)
    New GTR shocks with 80wt oil and stiffest springs
    Replaced rod and shock numerous times

Things I’ve broken
    1-axle cup
    2-axles
    Axles slip out of cups almost every run.
    2-rear shock shafts
    1-rear shock mount
    1-shock cap
    1-stock rear chassis brace
    Body comes off relentlessly before installing Velcro, but it’s still an issue
    It’s clear that the 2.0 needs limiting straps it will fix most the problems. Hot Racing makes them in all sizes my next purchase. From what I has seen on YouTube people have taken this truck to a whole new bashing levels. And with that said stuff breaks. Part of the hobby. I bought some Titanium pushrods and turnbuckles for when my stock ones break. Also a rear chassis brace.
    Eventually new servos. Then it’s up to the bashing gods what I need to replace!
    Enjoy!!!!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    It’s clear that the 2.0 needs limiting straps it will fix most the problems. Hot Racing makes them in all sizes my next purchase. From what I has seen on YouTube people have taken this truck to a whole new bashing levels. And with that said stuff breaks. Part of the hobby. I bought some Titanium pushrods and turnbuckles for when my stock ones break. Also a rear chassis brace.
    Eventually new servos. Then it’s up to the bashing gods what I need to replace!
    Enjoy!!!!!!
    Thanks for the tip on those limiting straps just ordered 2 sets 85mm For anyone wondering, the guy who left a 5 star review for them specifically said these were perfect for his revo 2.0 so that's why I went with 85 case anyone wondering

7$ a pair prolly cheaper to DIY but whatever half the fun is waiting on packages :P

RC Enthusiast
    Suggestion--turn in your pillowballs 1 turn. That seems to help stop the driveshafts popping out. I haven't had the rod end problem, but I also pulled mine apart and replaced with new rod ends. I heard someone say that they were pressed on, and figured this was a smart move. So far, so good. When you put new ends on, put a drop of shock oil on them to help ease threading into the plastic. Your hands will thank you.

Da Beav

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TraverseCityMi View Post
    Thanks for the tip on those limiting straps just ordered 2 sets 85mm For anyone wondering, the guy who left a 5 star review for them specifically said these were perfect for his revo 2.0 so that's why I went with 85 case anyone wondering

7$ a pair prolly cheaper to DIY but whatever half the fun is waiting on packages :P
    TraverseCityMi let me know how they fit as when I measured out the lengths needed, 85 were going to limit the travel a bit too much. I was looking at 90mm in the rear and 100 to 105mm in the front.Again I am eyeballing it so not sure how it fits real world.

Again from what I see this looks like a good fix for all shock and pushrod ends pulling off.

RC Racer
    TraverseCityMi let me know how they fit as when I measured out the lengths needed, 85 were going to limit the travel a bit too much. I was looking at 90mm in the rear and 100 to 105mm in the front.Again I am eyeballing it so not sure how it fits real world.

Again from what I see this looks like a good fix for all shock and pushrod ends pulling off.

TBH I'm kinda hoping it does limit the travel enough to lift the darn car off the ground some, as it sits now its really low mainly cuz the cars so heavy. Like I said the guy on ebay left a 5 star review saying these were perfect so who knows what he defines as perfect for his ride might be too much for mine and yours

I'll def post a few pics when I get them installed and see if I can even do a video showing the limits of the car

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TraverseCityMi View Post
    TBH I'm kinda hoping it does limit the travel enough to lift the darn car off the ground some, as it sits now its really low mainly cuz the cars so heavy. Like I said the guy on ebay left a 5 star review saying these were perfect so who knows what he defines as perfect for his ride might be too much for mine and yours

I'll def post a few pics when I get them installed and see if I can even do a video showing the limits of the car
    I am trying Ty-raps (zip ties) for now to see how effective it is. I total understand your point. And that’s why you have to allow for the truck to sit up as well as guard against it over extending.i placed the truck on a stand and then let the wheels drop, then measured from the the point just prior to the wheels completely bottoming out.

Good luck.

RC Racer
    limiting straps only limit suspension droop. They won't lift the car at all.
    OkGo Performance, RC Division.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln87 View Post
    limiting straps only limit suspension droop. They won't lift the car at all.
    But if you buy them too short it could limit the upward travel of your a-arms.

Wait, what!? Nope, not true.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Racer

Naaa they don't limit the upward motion only down.